Former NASCAR driver killed in Athens

GTMODawg

BANNED
It's the same here in Rome and Floyd County. Lived here all my life.

Rome used to be great back in the 1970's but it was becoming a yuppy heaven even then. I used to frequent a BYOB place called Mary's Oar House. Mary's was for sure and certain not a place one might call hipster or yuppy friendly. Mary herself was as likely to cut you as anyone in the joint!

This was also back in the day when the lock and dam was very sketchy LOL. There were several elements at the lock and dam back then. Lots of places have an element....the lock and dam had 7 or 8.

campboy

Rome used to be great back in the 1970's but it was becoming a yuppy heaven even then. I used to frequent a BYOB place called Mary's Oar House. Mary's was for sure and certain not a place one might call hipster or yuppy friendly. Mary herself was as likely to cut you as anyone in the joint!

This was also back in the day when the lock and dam was very sketchy LOL. There were several elements at the lock and dam back then. Lots of places have an element....the lock and dam had 7 or 8.

I was born in 75. Where was Mary's located?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I live in Athens. It's a hotbed of liberals who want to make everything about rainbows and defunding the cops, while we have a huge crime problem that is ignored in this county. The criminal scum are at least smart enough to stay off the UGA campus, but honestly it's getting far too traffic-y, way too high-rent and just most of the Atlanta problems to make it worth being here.

Sold our last 42 lots in Athens at the end of July. I'll avoid going back to that *insert what Trump calls third world countries here* if at all possible.

Expect the crime rate to drop since the new far left wing liberal DA was elected and she won't be prosecuting minorities.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Her companion as they put it shot and killed dude when he came after them with hatchet. Apparently he accidently shot her in the process. Hope she recovers fully.

jbarron

BANNED
Just another man driven insane by a woman... :crazy:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
His dad is the Townley that co-created Zaxby's. He has bought up acres and acres of land near my hunting grounds and turned them into pastures.
Off of 186 in good hope?

GTMODawg

BANNED
I was born in 75. Where was Mary's located?

On 441 just about out of the city limits on the Cedartown side. It was going strong in 1975....at least through 1983 or so. It was the kind of place that had blood on the ceiling and the floor. You'd pay like $10 at the door if there wasn't a band and about $20 if there was a band and for that cost you got as many solo cups and as much ice as you wanted.....but mixers cost extra but you could bring your own if you were bent that way. This was back in the days when legal drinking age was 18 but there was no age limit at Mary's because they did not sell anything harder than Cokes. You could bring as much as you wanted, pay the cover fee and have a big ole time if some old boy didn't decide he didn't like your looks and you didn't mess around and come to the same conclusion about someone else.

Every time I have ever heard DACs "Long Haired Redneck" I immediately think of Mary's...

"Where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive"

Perfect description of Mary's.

It would be a dive bar for certain today....actually that would lend it some unwarranted class....but it was a fun place when folks weren't trying to beat the brains out of one another.

OwlRNothing

I hope my wife never defends me like that. yikes.
that said, we don't know the details - maybe she jumped in front of a bullet meant for the attacker. who knows. let's wait to pass judgement on this guy for his gun skills or lack thereof.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I hope my wife never defends me like that. yikes.
that said, we don't know the details - maybe she jumped in front of a bullet meant for the attacker. who knows. let's wait to pass judgement on this guy for his gun skills or lack thereof.

My judgement is that you are responsible for every bullet that leaves your muzzle. Period.

Unless you're Alec Baldwin. Then you get a pass.