Forsyth

GA DAWG

They start every year around the 15th with Thanksgiving week normally best for buck activity but my biggest deer have all came from first weekend in Dec. No different this yr. Besides my bigger deer came from mid October.

bany

Last 4 sits I saw one small buck walk by.

Buckshot

Wednesday morning rattled in three bucks. One of them I should have shot but didn't cause of a certain buck I am after. Thursday morning had two small bucks sparring at 10yds spike and 5pt. then had another buck come and bed down for an hour next to me. Saw two more 8pts cruising they were inside the ears. When I got down at noon I spooked the big one I am after just over the hill from stand on the way to work. Friday afternoon went for a short 2hr still hunt saw same two small bucks, was able to walk up on a herd of deer bedded down in the rain. Not much movement.

bany

Glad you have some around you!

bany

SAW 2 small bucks acting like it’s its november, A mature doe limping pretty good didn’t get close.

Buckshot

Saw some chasing this evening right before dark. Watched several small bucks feeding with no interest in the does. Right at dark saw a good buck chasing three does around in circles. It was too dark to get a shot. Maybe I can catch up with them in the morning. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

bany

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year y’all. Took a week off so I’ll get back out and see what’s happening.

Buckshot

I have a question . I hope someone can help me out on this. I looked at the game check results by county. It shows the private land results and the public land results. Where in forsyth county is there public land that you can use a firearm? Only public land I know of is the Lanier draw hunt and I thought that was bow only. Or do they allow shotguns?

bany

I thought they did a wheelchair hunt on Corp land. Not seeing any evidence for this season.

GA DAWG

They still feeling a little frisky this week.

Attachments

• SUNP2636.jpg
    SUNP2636.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 71

bany

Only a couple orphans in daylight, not much more on film at night.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
They still feeling a little frisky this week.

Seen them rutting from thanksgiving to feb 3 several years in Forsyth.
They just don’t know when to quit.
You’ll see large fawns running next to some 10 lbers occasionally during season.

bany

So what does anyone have to report on the coyote situation? I put lead in one and saw three total at my stand this season. One of particular interest because of its color, spent every hunt hoping to get it. Also there has been a pack living by Best Buy for awhile now.

Ehampt

Just checking in from Forsyth Co. Trying to see what is going on, and if anyone is seeing some big uns around yet.

62hunter

Just does and small bucks so far, larger ones on camera. The cold front moving through tomorrow and Thursday should have things moving over the weekend. Looks like it is going to be very windy on Friday.

Bkeepr

I saw a big long tined 10 pointer off of Hwy 9 and 141, standing in front of some kudzu. I was leaving for night shift work and he posed in my headlights as I pulled out onto Hwy 9. He stood for a moment and let me count the tines before going back into the kudzu. He is probably going to wind up as a road kill later in the month...

bw561737

Hunt North Forsyth. Still seeing does grouped up. Small bucks moving, but nothing big. Looking forward to this weekend!