Fort Clinch State Park

wvdawg

Staff member
Pretty sky.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
My favorite spot. I first saw that view in 1956. Try to see it at least once a year now that I am retired. I may never get around to that sunset pontoon tour though. The free view is too good from the camping area. LOL

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Tell her to watch her toes. I have seen six and seven foot sharks in a couple of feet of water at the fish cleaning station that used to be the boat ramp. I don't know if they still do it but there used to be a shark fishing club that held tournaments in the river there behind the fort.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Tell her to watch her toes. I have seen six and seven foot sharks in a couple of feet of water at the fish cleaning station that used to be the boat ramp. I don't know if they still do it but there used to be a shark fishing club that held tournaments in the river there behind the fort.
Don't doubt that! You won't find her in over her ankles though :) I won't tote a fish stringer wading, had a 6' bull get after me once about 20 yrs ago. They're mean :mad:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes, that is some dangerous water. The Amelia channel runs very close to that shoreline and the currents run very strong there too. Hope y'all had a great time down there. I will be headed back down next month for a long weekend.