Forum History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Since today is the Boards Birthday -- and for anyone wanting to know -- Jim covered the timeline in this thread.-- http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=15504

For those asking about the Board’s history and without trying to bore you -- here is a condensed version.

It began as an idea to keep in touch with our Taxidermy Customers and quickly developed into a source of information for anyone visiting the outdoors. – My thanks to the Mods and Members who have made it all possible, also GON for allowing us to keep on, keeping on.

After a lot of thought and many hours --- this is the original drawing I submitted to the web designers and by clicking http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/ you can see they stayed close as possible to the drawing although we made a few changes later.

Attachments

• original draft of woodys.JPG
    original draft of woodys.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 4,863

Woody

This would be how the Forums looked one week before actually going on line on March 21st 2001.

Attachments

• Captured 2005-3-20 00000.jpg
    Captured 2005-3-20 00000.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4,695

Woody

And here it is nine months later on Christmas Day 2001. -- The Campfire was added about 2 weeks after we went online.

I guess you could say -- we've come a long way.;) -- Happy Birthday to all who have stayed with us through some rough times.

Attachments

• Forums Dec 25th 2001.JPG
    Forums Dec 25th 2001.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,704

jason308

Woody ya'll are doing an awesome job. Thanks for having a place we all can get together and chat. :cheers: Glad to know I share my birthday with the Campfire!

Last edited:

Georgiaastro

Thanks Woody

This is a great board and some great members also.

Thanks Again :yeah: :banana: :banana:

Larry

H

HT2

Woody........

You've come a long, long ways..........

Keep on a doin' what you're doin'!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

TurkeyCreek

Thanks Woody for getting this all started and keeping it going!!!!!! :yeah:

Reactions: Dub

pendy

Happy 4th Birthday

Thanks to Woody and everyone who helps to keep this forum the great place it is .
It is so much fun sittin around this campfire with so many good people. Lets have a party!!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Woody's Janitor

Happy Birthday to the board!!!!!!!!!

Long Live Woody's!!!! :clap: :yeah:

Jeff Phillips

HAPPY B'DAY to the Campfire :yeah:

A big THANK YOU to everyone who keeps this wonderful place running :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reactions: Dub

southernclay

And now we know..the rest of the story...

Happy BDay Woody's and thanks to everyone for keeping her afloat.

Handgunner

Yep, Happy Birthday to all here! And thanks again Woody for the idea!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I was not here at the beginning but I am glad to be a part and really enjoy it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Good Forum!!!

Thanks Woody and to all the others who keep this going. I really enjoy the fireside chat. Let's keep it this way!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Thanks Woody for the forsight to implement such a great web-site and to all the mods and members that helps to keep the place as great as it is.... :clap:

Happy Birthday Woody's

Status
Not open for further replies.