Found & Caught Suspended Spots Thanks to 2 members

Limitless

A special thanks to Lil Drummer Boy and Scout'nStripers for some of their recent threads about finding and fishing suspended bass with spoons, trolling, etc. I have installed a new lower unit on my motor and have to burn 10 hours breaking it in at variable low speeds - less than 1/2 throttle. So I've been spending time on Lanier driving around slowly looking for rock, humps and hard bottom. It's kind of like bottom fishing in the Gulf. I haven't had any luck trolling spoons or plugs yet, but Monday afternoon I really started finding fish at 40' to 50' in around 80'. I tooled around with the MinnKota and hit spot lock over some good bottom with fish and dropped a 1 1/2 oz hammered spoon and speed reeled up through the marked fish. On the second drop as I raised the rod tip it stopped; I thought I was hung up but it started swimming away. My first bass with this method; not big (maybe 2 pounds), but what a great feeling. I am more a salt water angler and usually just throw a worm or lizard or spinner bait at shore lines or docks, so learning a new technique was very cool. Thanks again to the many folks on here that are willing to share ideas, tactics and general knowledge! Sure helped this rookie out.

Scout'nStripers

A special thanks to Lil Drummer Boy and Scout'nStripers for some of their recent threads about finding and fishing suspended bass with spoons, trolling, etc. I have installed a new lower unit on my motor and have to burn 10 hours breaking it in at variable low speeds - less than 1/2 throttle. So I've been spending time on Lanier driving around slowly looking for rock, humps and hard bottom. It's kind of like bottom fishing in the Gulf. I haven't had any luck trolling spoons or plugs yet, but Monday afternoon I really started finding fish at 40' to 50' in around 80'. I tooled around with the MinnKota and hit spot lock over some good bottom with fish and dropped a 1 1/2 oz hammered spoon and speed reeled up through the marked fish. On the second drop as I raised the rod tip it stopped; I thought I was hung up but it started swimming away. My first bass with this method; not big (maybe 2 pounds), but what a great feeling. I am more a salt water angler and usually just throw a worm or lizard or spinner bait at shore lines or docks, so learning a new technique was very cool. Thanks again to the many folks on here that are willing to share ideas, tactics and general knowledge! Sure helped this rookie out.
Glad you founds a few fish that would cooporate. Keep tuning in because we haven't even got to the good stuff for 2020 yet. We've still got a crankbait bite, fluke bite, chatterbait bite, swimbait bite, topwater bite, spybait and drop shot bite, sebile bite, spoon bite, whopper plopper bite, popper bite and a couple other over the next 11 months. Also, check my YouTube page to look at past patterns and future patterns on Lanier.

LittleDrummerBoy

Thanks for the report. Scout'nStripers is the real pro - having done this for many more years than me on Lanier. He seems to have a technique for every month and every condition. The niches I work are much more narrow. You'll learn much more from his YouTube channel than from mine.

Cmp1

BANNED
Thanks for the report. Scout'nStripers is the real pro - having done this for many more years than me on Lanier. He seems to have a technique for every month and every condition. The niches I work are much more narrow. You'll learn much more from his YouTube channel than from mine.
I've learned a ton from you guys,,,,

Scout'nStripers

A few year back I was just like you LDB. I just kept making videos, learning and sharing. Keep on doing what you're doing and sharing LDB, it's definitely worth the effort.