Found some old stuff…

flconch53

There are some .005 patches around that should make a snug fit. I know a couple of guys that shoot no patch . That may work for you. It would be tight after 1 shot.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have a .530 mold and some lead.
Is there a thin patch that would make it work, or do I need to find a new mold and patch combination?
Get your dial indicator and hit the fabric store. Natural fiber cloth of the right thickness. Pillow ticking,muslin etc.

flconch53

I measured some fabric yesterday and even light Muslim is still about .008. When you double that it takes you up to .546 still snug but doable. I f it was my gun I would get a .520 mold . But I shoot my smooth bore at least once a month.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I measured some fabric yesterday and even light Muslim is still about .008. When you double that it takes you up to .546 still snug but doable. I f it was my gun I would get a .520 mold . But I shoot my smooth bore at least once a month.
Smaller calibers to me are harder to load than larger. Commercially made molds in off sizes are hard to find. I’d like to have a .30 and a .34.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I don’t own a smooth bore presently but I’m in the search mode.