Found this beauty at Franklin's today

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Will that vortex fit without machine work on the slide? I want one for mine but don't know what's all involved to make it fit

No. Slide will need to be milled unless done from the factory.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I have a strict policy when it comes to kimber.

I do not pick them up.

Never had a gun fit my hand so well. Nice find!

Don't take this the wrong way but what exactly do you like about the feel of a Kimber vs. somethin else? A 1911 is a 1911. Is it the grip style of a certain model?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I carried a 1911 in the Army for 3 years.

Kimbers feel different to me. I dont know if its the diameter of the grip or what. Might be just my perception of quality.

I know for a fact, every time i handle one. I want to buy it. Therefore my policy.

frankwright

Will that vortex fit without machine work on the slide? I want one for mine but don't know what's all involved to make it fit
Machining cost has come way down as everyone and their brother offers it now. However you can buy an adapter for $57 bucks that replaces the rear sight and takes a Vortex or whatever red dot you want to use,
They will sit a little bit higher of course3 but an inexpensive way to see if it works for you.
https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Gun-Works-Kimber-FastFire/dp/B07SN63YDF
This add is from Amazon but you can go right to EGW and other places.
Kimber is now making an optics ready model, I think it is KMX!

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Machining cost has come way down as everyone and their brother offers it now. However you can buy an adapter for $57 bucks that replaces the rear sight and takes a Vortex or whatever red dot you want to use,
They will sit a little bit higher of course3 but an inexpensive way to see if it works for you.
https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Gun-Works-Kimber-FastFire/dp/B07SN63YDF
This add is from Amazon but you can go right to EGW and other places.
Kimber is now making an optics ready model, I think it is KMX!

I’d think twice before jerry rigging a RDS on a pistol. Not only will it sit higher, you no longer have BUIS if the optic fails or the battery dies.