Found today

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Put that one around the house, good snake.

Jethro Bodean

Very pretty snake. Is that a black ratsnake (I have never seen any of those without a grey diamond type pattern)? If so, I have run across quite a few of them, and all but the biggest one had quite a nasty temper - holding their ground, coiling up and getting ready to strike. However, the biggest one I saw, at least 5', was very gentle, and didn't get defensive at all when I put my camera 6" in front of its face.

walkinboss01

Good save. Someone would have hit it. My 9 yr old has gotten several thumbs up for moving turtles out of the road.

ghadarits

I got this pretty girl outta the road before someone ran her over. I feel like I’m the lucky one
Good man. Thanks I hate to see people that go out of their way to run over snakes.

Redbow

A good Snake to have around indeed, thanks for saving it...I haven't seen ole Jake I call him the big Green Rat Snake that used to visit my shop since sometime in May. More than likely a neighbor killed it..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very pretty snake. Is that a black ratsnake (I have never seen any of those without a grey diamond type pattern)? If so, I have run across quite a few of them, and all but the biggest one had quite a nasty temper - holding their ground, coiling up and getting ready to strike. However, the biggest one I saw, at least 5', was very gentle, and didn't get defensive at all when I put my camera 6" in front of its face.
Around here they're mostly solid black except for their belly, but you'll see one like in the picture there occasionally with a little pattern. Probably the most common snake here, and they can get huge. And yep, they often have an attitude when you mess with them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I got this pretty girl outta the road before someone ran her over. I feel like I’m the lucky one
Good job! I do the same pretty often. I don't understand most people's hatred of snakes.