Fox squirrel mounts

devolve

Let’s see them. I killed a very nice red fox squirrel with a black face in Alabama this year. Going to get it mounted for sure. Looking for ideas

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I had a 32" red with a black face for a decade or so but the hair eventually slipped on it and I got rid of it. Wish I had a pic...

psedna

UAEC
I will post for your tomorrow, a carved from wood fox squirrel mounted on a real piece of log - mostly gray with a little black, I think it looks pretty real and I like it alot.

I also have had the same guy carve two pairs of bobwhite quail for me and my son, a whitetail fawn, and an owl (you can turn the owl on opposite side and see the tree trunk that was used...

Not sure if he still does this kind of work or not...

I was trying to think of a few more things to get done before he stops doing this kind of work on the side.

Lonegle57

This one came off a friends property on the Bibb/Monroe county line a number of years ago. Saw a pair many times during deer season. While squirrel season was still in, I took my Grandfathers single barrel 16ga and some paper shells he had out there in hopes of bringing one home.

Attachments

• 100_2293.JPG
    100_2293.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 62