Foxtrot Mike

Jester896

Senior Clown
Picked this jewel up yesterday and set it up.

IMG_0075.jpg

Foxtrot Mike Bittet FM-9 7" with side charge and dedicated Glock mag lower.

I used a Holosun HS403R for the red dot. It should co-witness fine with that mount and 1.63" sights when I find what I want. It also came with a low mount. I am not fond of the rheostat being on the strong side but it does have a shake to start feature.

IMG_0076.jpg

I changed to trigger out to the straight bow 3.5# 9mm PCC CMC Drop in. Man that thing resets fast The .308 recoil spring that come in them is loud. I also swapped out the grip for the ERGO Deluxe like I use on my others.

IMG_0077.jpg

The front side charging handle will take a little time to get used to.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

I put that hand stop to help me keep them fat finger off the end :)

As you can see the fit is really tight between the upper and lower unlike some of the ones I have seen that more closely resemble standard ARs

IMG_0079.jpg
ample mag release for sure...and more of the fit from the other side.

IMG_0077.jpg

One thing I have found that I will correct in the build...we will see if anyone else notices what it is.

IMG_0080.jpg

That plastic piece folds up to keep the bolt carrier in like the charging handle would until you are ready for it to come out. It would have been great if they had modified a standard rear charge upper.

I only got about 100 rounds run through it...now...wash...rinse...and repeat for 400 more for the break in period...if I can stand to send that much "GOLD" down range.

By the time it was over I was almost able to keep them in a 4" group at 50 yards....surprised me!

hdgapeach

I love the FM-9. Got the wife one of the 5" versions with the regular charging handle. She loves it.

Just got a "back in stock" email from Primary Arms about the .45 ACP FM-45 with the 5" tube. I'd like to get that one to complete the his & her combination. Might have to pull the trigger before Christmas on the .45 due to the political climate towards the brace and shortness.

Jester896

Senior Clown
update...the R (rheostat) model is not shake on...you have to turn it off and on with the rheostat...guess you could leave it on..since it is 50,000 hour battery life (5 year).

Just got a "back in stock" email from Primary Arms about the .45 ACP FM-45 with the 5" tube.

One of my friends has been waiting on 2 of them to go with his 9s to come back in stock.

Reactions: Dub

sleepr71

Cool. Lots of Similarities to the CZ Scorpion. I really dig a PCC as a truck gun,or for the wife as a home defense weapon..?

Jester896

Senior Clown
Cool. Lots of Similarities to the CZ Scorpion. I really dig a PCC as a truck gun,or for the wife as a home defense weapon..?

played with the CZ folder a little and it was OK...short...the differences for me was it uses Glock mags which I have plenty of and the controls are basically the same I use now...the only difference is the forward side charging handle KISS.

I saw on the Foxtrot Channel where they were ringing steel out to 300 yards with one...may have been the carbine though

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Sweet

Dub

literally sending "GOLD" downrange :LOL:

View attachment 1056484

Is that a Montana Gold bullet ???

Those dang things are mighty scarce right now....not quite...but almost as scarce as primers.

Highly recommended tips from a reloading guru who was giving me the rundown on what I needed when I decided to resume reloading two+ years back.

It's taken forever to get the gear & components.

Thankfully I grabbed primers & powder early on.

Bullets have been what I went after last. I check MG often.....even scored once, lol.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yeah...I'm down to 1/2 a 30 cal can of those loaded...even have 1/2 can of them in 45ACP loaded. I am real low for me on 9mm projectiles. I only have about 1K 124gr XTP and 3-4+ boxes of 115 gr...