Fractured split limb

bany

Terrible pop this morning turned out Not to be an acorn bouncing off the xbow. I’m wondering if replacing one side is okay. Maybe replace both sides? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 633C90A4-0218-4CE8-9562-48324C3DCF64.jpeg
    633C90A4-0218-4CE8-9562-48324C3DCF64.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 43

bany

They went out of business. I’ll double check but I’m pretty sure warranty is useless.

Hillbilly stalker

I had a limb bust on mine. They sent me a whole new bow/ not the stock piece but the bow on the front. Different company tho, you can buy a lot of crossbow for a lot less than the Older ones. Parker has been out of business for a while now. They were good bows.

specialk

i'd be shopping for a new one......

isabellamia

A compound or open fracture is when the bone pierces the skin when it breaks, and it's one of the most serious injuries. The risk of infections and the severity of the surgery make it necessary for it to be done.

bany

Ridgemont outdoors apparently bought out parts etc. And acquired the Redhot brand? So they sell the bolts and nocks,etc.
Of course they have zero warranty obligations. I ordered one side and they were shipping today. If I can’t replace it myself I’ll retire…and the bow too!

bany

A compound or open fracture is when the bone pierces the skin when it breaks, and it's one of the most serious injuries. The risk of infections and the severity of the surgery make it necessary for it to be done.
I’m trying one side first and see how it works.
I am considering just one limb and have a spare on hand as they are all the same.

bany

I had a limb bust on mine. They sent me a whole new bow/ not the stock piece but the bow on the front. Different company tho, you can buy a lot of crossbow for a lot less than the Older ones. Parker has been out of business for a while now. They were good bows.
I bought mine about a year or so before they went out of business. I studied them before and yesterday after the “snap”. All time it was very rare for a broken limb or much else. Dry fires or accidents caused some problems and they replaced those too.

bany

The limb on my parker crossbow broke this year too I figured by the time i bought new limbs and paid to get it fixed Might as well get a new bow
I haven’t priced any new crossbows. One side limb or limbs was about $80 shipped. I believe I can replace them.

Cwb19

The other thing that concerned me was ridgemont states that some of their parts are used from warranty work that parker did

bany

The other thing that concerned me was ridgemont states that some of their parts are used from warranty work that parker did
Crap, I didn’t see that. Surely not limbs?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
At least it didn’t break opening weekend like mine . I have a centerpoint and they sent me the bow part , just mounted it on my stock . No questions asked , didn’t even ask how old it was . 5 year warranty

bany

So, Ridgemont got the order right to me. Two limbs for the right side and a few capture nocks. I found that Dicks in canton has a bow vise and the full hunting department. $15.90 to clamp it up and swap the limbs so I didn’t mess with a homemade vise program. I brought it home and fired two bolts into the bullseye.
Of interest it has 4 limbs but only 2 have a spacer or bushing underneath and they are opposing. As best I can tell it came from the factory that way. He had never seen that before. I don’t know how one or two could come out and not change the bow somehow.
Anyone have a parker enforcer or similar 4 limbed crossbow?

Cwb19

Thanks for the info bany I may look into getting mine fixed just to have a spare one in case I have a problem with my new bow