Fried squirrel-12/Jan21

DSGB

Good eating! I cooked up a mess a couple weeks ago. Working on getting another mess.

Dusty Roads

Dang old male was tuff!But I still got most my teeth.
Some say pressure cooking would take care of that but does it still taste like pan fried afterward?

DSGB

Some say pressure cooking would take care of that but does it still taste like pan fried afterward?

Never tried it, but am going to try cooking them in the instapot next time. I usually flash fry them and then let them simmer for about an hour til they start falling apart. I'm going to brown them in the skillet and then pressure cook for 30 minutes.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Take the old tough ones and pressure cook them,pick the meat off the bones,put homemade dumplings in and it'll titilate your tastebuds, and make you grin.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. You do realize that we have the Paymaster's Outdoor Cafe Forum down the page yonder? You are welcome and invited to participate.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Looks tasty. Boil them and then grill wrapped in bacon is mighty good too.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’ve always broken the bigger ones down with a fork (poking it).

I prefer fried but I do like tomato gravy and squirrel dumplings.

I’ve never par boiled anything that I fry.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

Pressure cook them for about 2 minutes once the weight is rocking then depressurize under cold water. Any longer and the meat will just fall apart. Bread it and fry it and it will be just like a young one.