From Japan to Rabbitskin, NC

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fired up the Blackstone last night and cooked up some shrimp and chicken hibachi. It was quite edible indeed.

hibachi.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks mighty fine!

I had to Google Rabbitskin, NC. I thought you might have made that up.
The name came from the first settlers (my great-grandpa among them,) commenting on how thin the soil here is. If you've ever skinned a rabbit, you know what I'm talking about.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a pre-Civil-War cemetery on the edge of my land. Most of the tombstones are unmarked creek rocks. The latest one with a hand-chiseled inscription I have found is 1848.

Cool Hand Luke

Hibachi looks awesome and old cemetery's are very intriguing to me. Not to be disrespectful of the dead but you can only imagine who lies under those unmarked graves and even the marked ones what their life was like 170 years ago.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hibachi looks awesome and old cemetery's are very intriguing to me. Not to be disrespectful of the dead but you can only imagine who lies under those unmarked graves and even the marked ones what their life was like 170 years ago.
There is an unmarked grave of a slave somewhere on my land. Local lore says that his master got mad at him when he was drunk and hit him in the head with a shovel and killed him. They wouldn't bury black folks with white folks back then, so they buried him outside the graveyard.

pop pop jones

Looks great, I have to mix the meat in with the fried rice around here. If I don't there seems to be to large a drop, in the meat compared to the rice