from mature forest to a food plot... updated

bilgerat

Senior
well I got My soil test back today and the PH is 5.5, they recommend 1 ton of lime per acre , so...whos got the best deal on bulk lime ?

XJfire75

well I got My soil test back today and the PH is 5.5, they recommend 1 ton of lime per acre , so...whos got the best deal on bulk lime ?
Get it on the ground ASAP. Takes a couple months to start doing it’s thing. Nice work on this plot man!

bilgerat

Senior
Tractor supply is ordering me some , will put it down this weekend, Along with 400 lbs of fertilizer
And as far as the rain go's it has put down 3.75 inches since I planted and its still raining this morn.

Kdog

Think it was Southern States out of Jasper that I priced a few years ago. They were a little high and had a minimum of 5 tons if I recall correctly. You can rent a pull behind bulk spreader and get it by the ton from a lot of places which is what we did from a place out of Madison, but that is a fair haul for you. Your other option is to buy bag lime. I have a pull behind spreader you can use if you want to go that route. It has spread many a ton of pelletized lime.

bilgerat

Senior
Im getting pulverized powered lime for faster absorption, Its 135 bucks for 2 tons in bags I and will spread it by hand ., Ive got a small spreader for the fertilizer