Frozen mullit

Fisherman001

I know fresh is always the best but I’m planning on bringing some frozen mullit, along with some other bait to do some surf and pier fishing. I’m wondering if anybody’s had good success with using frozen mullit for bait for surf fishing? Thanks.

Studawg170

I’ve never heard of that. Exactly how is that done? Do you do that before or after you freeze them? Or before or after you cut them up?

I do it in a mayonnaise jar in the fridge.

Works well with shrimp too

Redbeardless

Frozen mullet is better than no mullet!!! Cut up some small bite size pieces and fish on a small hook like you were bream fishing. Something is going to eat it!!! Fresh bait problem solved!! Use what you catch either live or cut up depending on what you are going for.
I was working in Corpus Christi one time and went out on the Port Aransas jetties. I did not have any bait and was about broke, waiting on a per diem check. I stopped at Walmart and picked up a couple of cans of Vienna sausage and some soda crackers on the way out to the jetties. I took small pieces of Vienna sausage and caught some small rock bass out of the rocks and had all the cut bait I needed to fish the rest of the day!!! From Vienna sausage to bull reds!!! Pretty good conversion!!! Gotta be creative. Frozen mullet will be great.

Tideup

Frozen mullet is better than no mullet!!! Cut up some small bite size pieces and fish on a small hook like you were bream fishing. Something is going to eat it!!! Fresh bait problem solved!! Use what you catch either live or cut up depending on what you are going for.
I was working in Corpus Christi one time and went out on the Port Aransas jetties. I did not have any bait and was about broke, waiting on a per diem check. I stopped at Walmart and picked up a couple of cans of Vienna sausage and some soda crackers on the way out to the jetties. I took small pieces of Vienna sausage and caught some small rock bass out of the rocks and had all the cut bait I needed to fish the rest of the day!!! From Vienna sausage to bull reds!!! Pretty good conversion!!! Gotta be creative. Frozen mullet will be great.
You can also catch mud minnows with vienna in a minnow trap.