Frozen well

Mike 65

I'd love to see pictures. I have a small metal housing covering my pump that is hinged that I can lift up but I need to build something larger and better insulated. The guy that drilled my well told me if I ever built something to make sure the top of the well house was hinged or could easily be removed for access to make repairs and major maintenance.
I’ve built them where you can walk in to work on them. I also put a small skylight that opens so they can get the pump out.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'd love to see pictures. I have a small metal housing covering my pump that is hinged that I can lift up but I need to build something larger and better insulated. The guy that drilled my well told me if I ever built something to make sure the top of the well house was hinged or could easily be removed for access to make repairs and major maintenance.
I’ll do some finished pictures after we get the siding and roofing on but here are a few in progress. I have 5 foot walls with a gabled roof so I can stand up inside of it. Cut an access home over the pump so if I ever have to pull the pump out I can just remove the screws on one piece of metal roofing, slide it out, access already cut through the insulation and plywood.

A9C0B9FA-FA7B-4E4C-A544-0A01EC0053CF.jpegFA9236A2-1D24-4D2C-A2C7-E352E11628E3.jpeg3BF09825-A61C-4EBD-9B48-FC79259D5112.jpegAC64751D-A114-46A9-8E2D-C99731D4463A.jpeg63AC226D-4836-4D2E-8A6A-4F42B98A50EE.jpeg5A52FAE6-00C5-4750-9166-27ED5FFCFE89.jpeg

TomC

I’ve built them where you can walk in to work on them. I also put a small skylight that opens so they can get the pump out.
I definitely want a door of some sort to access but the guy that drilled my well said it was more important that the roof of the well house be hinged or that the roof of the well house be easily removed for top down access if he ever needed to do work with his larger equipment. Trying to come up with a design to build that doesn't cost an arm and a leg with a hinged and or removable roof as this needs to be a spring project.

Spotlite........that looks nice!!!!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I definitely want a door of some sort to access but the guy that drilled my well said it was more important that the roof of the well house be hinged or that the roof of the well house be easily removed for top down access if he ever needed to do work with his larger equipment. Trying to come up with a design to build that doesn't cost an arm and a leg with a hinged and or removable roof as this needs to be a spring project.
I replaced everything in my well a few years ago - new submersible pump, piping and new tank. Outside of drilling a new well, everything in it can be pulled through the roof. The tank can be carried through the door.

You’re piping is probably 20 foot joints so mainly he’ll need the height for that which can be accomplished with an access door or similar.

My old well had a hinged roof, for me, an access door is a lot easier.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Kinda funny how 1/2 the planet is in a "major" drought while the other 1/2 is worried about being washed away (as per the "experts). with the exceptions of what tiny amount of water that has been sent into space (lunar missions and space station) every drop that was on this rock before man ever existed is STILL HERE.
Difference is there are now 7.5 billion mobile water storage tanks wandering the earth. The climate is changing but I suspect it has been since the Fourth Day.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I’ll do some finished pictures after we get the siding and roofing on but here are a few in progress. I have 5 foot walls with a gabled roof so I can stand up inside of it. Cut an access home over the pump so if I ever have to pull the pump out I can just remove the screws on one piece of metal roofing, slide it out, access already cut through the insulation and plywood.
That's the first time I've ever seen someone use toe boards on a 4/12 pitch. Especially when it's only 5' off of the ground.
::ke: