Ft Stewart

Cavalry Scout

Looking for someone that can translate the Ft Stewart hunting rules... Don't need anyones spots or location, i know where to hunt. Used to hunt down there a while back but, now they have changed a lot of stuff and cant find a phone # to hunt control. Is there still a bow test? Can you take a gun with you to register it? Thanks in advance for any info!!

Mattval

Yea I could use some info too.

dutchie49

No bow test anymore, They do not recommend taking weapon to register it. All checkins are now done thru " I sportsman". Most activities are done this way but you can go to Holbrook pond for more info.912-435-8213 8205 or

Cavalry Scout

Hey Dutchie! I have read the online stuff about weapons reg. Do you have to go back and show them the gun after you do it? Or, do you get all done online? Thanks!!

Their is never a need to present the weapon during the registration process. You submit the info and then pick up your form. Done deal.

Trench

go to ftstewart.isportsman.net - sign up and read the SOP's in the regulations sections. You can fill out online and go pick up at HAAF or FS. Takes about a week or so. You can also go in person to - "Registration Office, Building 283 on Fort Stewart and Building 1286 on HAAF and have the firearm(s) registration completed at that time." Can get the same day if they are not busy

"Do NOT bring the weapon(s) to the Registration Office. Civilians who have registered their firearms at another Army base do not need to register the same firearms again on FS/HAAF. Firearms registered at non-Army DOD facilities need to be registered at FS/HAAF or some other Army base."

dutchie49

Also as long as your weapons are registered a friend can use them while hunting with you on the base.

Jim Boyd

Just a tip but things may have changed in 35 - 40 years.

E7 and F16 were the ticket in the late 70’s and into the 80’s.

dutchie49

Hogs have pretty much taken over all areas, where there is food they will be. They decimate the food plots set for deer and turkey. Have literally seen them on every area of Ft Stewart. Some areas more populated than others. I hunted just A-16 this deer season being close to my home as well as shotgun only and both sexes all year. Took 6 hogs in 2 weeks., never saw a deer until New Years eve. Took him out. They do run the deer out