Fun times!

buckpasser

I waxed some traps last week and promised my coworker we’d set some out this week (he wanted to ride along). All I had out prior to that was a couple drowning sets on beaver dams. We set 4 sets on Monday. Sunday morning I was able to rattle up a nice buck and take him with the Grendel, Monday produced two beavers and bobcat (bobcat got in before I could travel back to barn). Tuesday produced a coon and today brought me a nice coyote and large red fox.

It’s felt good enjoying the woods this week! Sorry I didn’t take time to photo everything. I used to be good about getting several pics of everything, but lately I’ve gotten slack. I released the red fox and then realized I didn’t take a single picture!

78A440BB-27D3-4D97-A5D5-883E706B4E16.jpeg4AC5EA5D-9A1E-4DB0-AA91-B81E026CE590.jpeg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Good times for sure!

I like seeing all these nice deer being killed on the forum, especially the kids.

But you guys that are catching a few Coyotes already are KILLING ME with envy... ?

buckpasser

Thank you fellows. I reset what was tripped this evening and as always, hope springs eternal with us as trappers. It’s like a new college football season every morning- I’m undefeated and about to win the championship! By 8:15 I’m usually wondering if I know what the heck I’m doing and consider firing the coach and coordinators.

I did tell my wife that it wasn’t clear which was more exhilarating, the bucks or the yote. Am I crazy?

Doug B.

Thank you fellows. I reset what was tripped this evening and as always, hope springs eternal with us as trappers. It’s like a new college football season every morning- I’m undefeated and about to win the championship! By 8:15 I’m usually wondering if I know what the heck I’m doing and consider firing the coach and coordinators.

I did tell my wife that it wasn’t clear which was more exhilarating, the bucks or the yote. Am I crazy?
Yes, you are! Just like all the rest of us. I wouldn't trade it for anything though!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice buck a catch ! They all still get my blood flowing pretty good !

buckpasser

Yer KILLING me Smalls ...:LOL:

I got rained outta the deer woods this morning, and my trappin' grounds are a lake again...

I’m not normally so confident in my sets, but I told my coworker that one was gonna pay. I was surprised it didn’t hit first, but he wanted a four night soak apparently. Everything this week fell to homebrew baits and lures. The more I buy, the more I like my own better. The exception is good gland lure and urine.

Sorry about your conditions!

buckpasser

Well, nothing but off target catches lately. I’ll pull up tomorrow after the check. I’d love to end with the huge black one that’s hit the trail cams lately. Good tracks behind the house now, so next stop is Oaklawn!