Fundraiser/Squirrel Hunting Tournament

Barebowyer

Team Meat in the Freezer is considering putting on a squirrel hunting tournament in February. It would consist of teams and incorporate children, first responders, and disabled veterans. It would be ran similar to a fishing tournament with a weigh in, big squirrel pot, etc. There would be great camaraderie, trophies, prizes, food, etc. I am just reaching out to see if anyone would be interested. It would be held in the middle Georgia area and if all works out, on a large tract of private land that hardly gets any small game pressure. Please reply if you would be seriously interested or share if you know someone who would be.

Sincere thanks.

dslc6487

I am a disabled veteran of Vietnam, 73 years old. Squirrel hunting in my earlier years was a passion of mine. I would love to participate

Hillbilly stalker

If y'all could find a good deer club or Plantation that had a good road system, you could probably round up enuff golf carts or side by sides to take away some of the walking for the guys. I sure wish I was closer, I'd be right in there with you. It's a great thing y'all are doing. Good luck (y) Make for sure you post what your doing on Squirrel dog central, there's a bunch of good guys on there that would love to help. Several from Georgia.

rigderunner

I live in north west ga right below Chattanooga tn but I would be interested in driving down to middle ga for this.

Barebowyer

If y'all could find a good deer club or Plantation that had a good road system, you could probably round up enuff golf carts or side by sides to take away some of the walking for the guys. I sure wish I was closer, I'd be right in there with you. It's a great thing y'all are doing. Good luck (y) Make for sure you post what your doing on Squirrel dog central, there's a bunch of good guys on there that would love to help. Several from Georgia.
Thank you for the intel. I truly appreciate it

Barebowyer

Ok. I just got back from Kentucky and will start putting the leg work in in the next couple of weeks. I will post the update as to whether we can get it done or not soon! Thanks to you all

Mattval

Ok yes I am interested. Depends on the date but sounds good.

CC Rider

That's a great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun too. Having a mid day check in and serve barbecue might be a good incentive for donations

crackerdave

I used to organize hunts like this,and we had some good ones.
Gave it up because I couldn't afford liability insurance.

hambone50

I have a squirrel dog and live in central Georgia (gray). Not sure if you’re planning on having groups go out with dogs or not. If so, i’d be interested and know a few others in the area with dogs that would probably be interested as well.

kmaxwell3

I have a few kids that would be interested in going. Where would you have the hunt at?

greg_n_clayton

Sounds like a good time. Have you got this posted anywhere on facebook where I can go get it and share it around there. There is large groups there I am sure would participate. Of course, as to how much property you have available would dictate just how many dogs you want.

Barebowyer

Working on the grounds still at the moment. I will update asap