Funny Bee Sting Stories

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm sure all of us that hunt or fish have some stories that weren't funny at the time but we can see the humor in them now.
Last sat. my pastor and a buddy of mine went trout fishing and my pastor pushed a limb out of the way and it had a hornet nest in it. He took off running down the creek and only got stung once. My buddy ran into the swarm and got stung 13 times and then realized his glasses had fallen off so he went back to get them and got popped again. My pastor told him ''you know I was praying for you all the time''. My buddy told him I ain't as dumb as I look I can tell the difference between praying and laughing.
What are some of you stinger stories.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
One on me was several years ago. I have a wood furnace in the basement and me & a buddy were cutting wood when I stepped over a Jacket nest, All I had on was my coveralls and my fruit of the looms. Them Jackets went up the inside of my coverall leg and decided to nest in the fruit of the looms. As you know this is a tender area and when they started stinging modesty went out the window and I did a strip tease on the spot. My buddy was on the ground horse laughing me while I shook out my drawers. When he got to where he could talk he said man you're already swelling Margie will keep a jar of Jacket on hand once she sees the swelling.Ain't nothing like friends.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I got stung before.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Jar of jacket, now that would sell

:mad: i was stung 14 times when i was about 7. i was at vacation bible school and we all went outside and were feeding the cows thru the fence beside the church and i reached down to pull some grass out and i felt a sting on my hand and i thought that i had grabbed some briars by accident so i threw them down and then they started swarming out of a hole in the ground by the hundreds and i yelled BEEEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: and i took off running ::gone: and they stayed with me.no one else was stung that day and there was about 30 other kids standing out there with me:mad: so i have never been back to church since!

just kidding

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
A friend of mine who is also pleasingly plump was squirrel hunting and sat down to rest......on a yellow jacket nest.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
When I was about 7-8 I would go with my mother, she helped a lady at her beauty shop. Her son (Wesley) couple of years younger than me would play. One day we were playing horse, he had a rope around his body and would run around the yard with me pulling back on him every now and then. Well he ran between the house and them green bushes everyone used to have. Me being the smart older kid I figured it would be fun to yank him into the bushes. They should be soft so it won't hurt. Well I pulled him into one and he started hollering and crying. I thought he was laughing so when he'd start getting out I'd yank him back in again. This went on for a few yanks then it dawned on me that it wasn't that funny, he shouldn't be laughing that hard. So I let the horsey go.
I heard he was a pastor now. I wonder if I'm in any of his sermons, forgiveness I hope.

Big Al

My sister was cutting grass when we were younger and ran over a yellow jacket nest. After a bunch of screaming and bee sting oinment my dad went out to try and find the nest. He looked all over and could not find where the 'jackets were coming from. So he was asking my sister where it was while she was standing on the porch. He still could not find it and she was getting frustrated. So she proceeded to stomp out into the yard (now barefooted) and proceeded to yell "I WAS STANDING RIGHT...HERE" . And stomped her foot down smack dab on the opening of the nest. I think she got nailed 5 times on the bottom of the foot before she could move it , and even more before she could get away. Me and my Dad still find it highly humorous to this day.

DCHunter

This aint really funny but here's my best bee sting story, even though I actually never got stung. When I was 14 my girlfriend, her brother, and I went on a horse ride around about a 6 mile trail through the woods behind my house. We were using 2 horses so my girlfriends brother was on one horse and I was riding double with my girlfriend with me on the back off the saddle behind her. Well, about half way through the trail we decided to stop to eat a picnic we had packed and got off the trail about 10 yards. My girlfriend and her brother got off the horses to tie them up to a tree and I was just about to get off when all of a sudden yellowjackets were swarming and stinging the horses including the one I was one. Needless to say the horse I was on started bucking wildly. Growing up with horses I felt pretty confident and jumped up into the saddle and was going to keep with it so the horse wouldn't run off without anyone on it. Well, I held on for a while. The only problem was my girlfriend hadn't strapped the saddle on tight enough and it started sliding sideways with me on it. Just at that time the horse ran right by a good size tree on the side I was leaning and knocked me clean off. My knee hit a rock and tore a chunk of meat out so deep you could see my knee cap. Meanwhile my girlfriend had grabbed the reins in the front causing the horse to rear back and step on my hip as I was laying there in pain. Then the other horse ran off and we had to go find him and then walk about 3 miles home with a hole in my knee. We weren't about to get back up the horses that day.

Jorge

When I was a kid, my dad would cut down all the honey suckle and such in the woods between our yard and the neighbor's yard a couple of times a year with the riding mower. One time he was up next to the neighbor's yard and ran over a yellow jacket nest. I was helping my mom in the yard when we heard my dad yelling and cutting a path across the neighbor's yard on the mower with his arms flailing. For some reason, he thought he could out run the yellow jackets on the riding mower. He eventually jumped off the mower and continued to run through the yard yelling and flailing while also pealing off his clothes.

It was a pretty funny sight, but the best part of all was seeing the look on my neighbor's face while my dad was running through the yard, yelling like a wild man and stripping his clothes off. Priceless.

capt stan

Years ago when I was about 15 I was on the side of a mountian in Tenn digging gensing. I brushed against a hornets nest while looking /scouting for ginsing. I got hit on the back of the neck. Next thing I know they are swarming all around me and I took off down the mountian side yelling and screaming with my arms flaling towards my buddie. I covered two "benches" on the way down the mountian before I got away from them. I was stung 28 times on the face neck and head. :hair:

My buddie David was on the ground laughing his head off . :shoot: He said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen ,As he put it......watching me running over trees falling and rolling down the mountian untill I made my escape :rofl:

I had not only been stung many times but I recieved numerous cuts Bumps brusies and abrasions to the rest of my body during the escape :huh:

Worst part was climbing back up the mountian to my motorcycle and trying to ride home. I got so sick I couldn't drive my bike, I had to ride home on the back of Davids to the house where my step mom took care of me. I was sick the rest of the day but took about a week or more to heal up from all the self inflicted wounds I recieved from me making my escape :rofl:

True story:cool:

Georgiaastro

No. GA. Mt. Man said:
One on me was several years ago. I have a wood furnace in the basement and me & a buddy were cutting wood when I stepped over a Jacket nest, All I had on was my coveralls and my fruit of the looms. Them Jackets went up the inside of my coverall leg and decided to nest in the fruit of the looms. As you know this is a tender area and when they started stinging modesty went out the window and I did a strip tease on the spot. My buddy was on the ground horse laughing me while I shook out my drawers. When he got to where he could talk he said man you're already swelling Margie will keep a jar of Jacket on hand once she sees the swelling.Ain't nothing like friends.
Now that had to be a site to behold and then again maybe not.:biggrin2: :rofl: :rofl: :bounce:

Rick Alexander

Couple of good ones.

You know in Screven county you might not outta try to harvest a real nice hornet nest even in late December. Hornets don't take kindly with having their house cut down. Friend's pants fell down as he was running - he got the worst of it for sure. As the saying goes - you aint gotta outrun the bear if you are with a slow partner.::gone:

Also, if you make deer stand seats out of wood - be careful to not leave gaps on the tops and bottoms of the box as honey bees think you just made them a home. If you sit on them in really cold weather, they will warm up and get all over your backside in a hurry thinkin you are their sunshine. Now you'd think your fellow club members might tell you about that particular stand but heck they didn't figure anybody would hunt there with a bee nest in it. Luckily - they weren't all that unfriendly as them hornets - infact didn't get stung once but what they lack in pain they more than make up for in numbers.:(