Funny Things Happen At The LGS

Nimrod71

Yesterday was my day to work at the LGS. Since I retired from working for the Company for 45 yrs. staying at home got tiresome. The LGS was a good answer. Anyway, it didn't take long to see you really have to know your stuff to work at a gun store. Some folks just don't have a clue to what they want or need. I can understand when a woman comes in and ask for one of those things that does whatever, or 38 shotgun. It was funny when a man came in yesterday, a deer hunter, and ask for some 350 bullets for his rifle. I ask what kind of 350, he didn't know. He said the barrel had 350 on it and that was all he knew. I ask what kind of rifle, he said it was a short rifle. I ask what make or brand, he said it had a bolt and scope on it. I ask if it was a 350 Mag.,, 350 Legend, 358 Win. He didn't know. I showed him each of the cartridges' he didn't know. He finally called his wife and she told me it was a Legend. I thanked her and he left happy with the right ammo. A day at the LGS can be fun, you never know what will come up or happen.

tr21

i guess she probably sent him there to get her some boolits !

Reactions: Dub

Mars

I potentially saved a life one day a while back at the mom and pop LGS. Usually the father or son handles the gun sales/questions but for whatever reason the wife/mother was behind the counter talking to a young guy.

Knowing that I'm a reloaded and gun nut, she holds up a jug of pistol powder and says to me "Won't this work in his muzzleloader?"

I politely explained how dangerous that would be and recommended the appropriate powder options they had on the shelf.

I'm glad he didn't try stuffing 100gr of pistol powder down his front stuffer. Could have been a bad day for him.

JeffinPTC

Don't assume that the LGS guy knows it all either.
I helped my hunting buddy's wife with a last minute Christmas gift for him a while back. LGS had a Weatherby -- MARK V DELUXE 300 WIN MAG RIFLE WITH SCOPE advertised on GunAuction. We bought it and a box of 300 Win Mag ammo for the store owner.

My bad I didn't check thoroughly before leaving, but when I got home I realized it was a WEATHERBY Magnum...

In our defense though, I think the older Wbys just said

Weatherby
300 Magnum

on the barrel

they now say:

Weatherby
300 WBY Magnum

Be Careful Out There

bullgator

I potentially saved a life one day a while back at the mom and pop LGS. Usually the father or son handles the gun sales/questions but for whatever reason the wife/mother was behind the counter talking to a young guy.

Knowing that I'm a reloaded and gun nut, she holds up a jug of pistol powder and says to me "Won't this work in his muzzleloader?"

I politely explained how dangerous that would be and recommended the appropriate powder options they had on the shelf.

I'm glad he didn't try stuffing 100gr of pistol powder down his front stuffer. Could have been a bad day for him.
May have saved their business from a lawsuit.

killerv

My buddy got filmed by a customer the other day when he refused to sell her a pistol because it was a straw purchase. She literally was on the phone with someone telling them what all they had and which one did he/she want to buy for them. Once he realized she wasn't the actual buyer, he put all guns up and locked counter. Then the phone came out, the yellin, calling him a racist, etc.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

My buddy got filmed by a customer the other day when he refused to sell her a pistol because it was a straw purchase. She literally was on the phone with someone telling them what all they had and which one did he/she want to buy for them. Once he realized she wasn't the actual buyer, he put all guns up and locked counter. Then the phone came out, the yellin, calling him a racist, etc.

A couple months ago I was in a gun store picking up a handgun transfer they'd done for me.

Three guys were looking at a Keltec semi-auto pistol (similar to AR pistol). It was clear that the one that was interested & handling the gun wasnt' the buyer....but was going to trade a gun + cash to one of the other guys, who was the buyer.

The salesperson halted things....asking clarification questions. The non-buying would-be owner admitted he didn't have any ID so he was getting his buddy to buy the gun for him.

When the salesperson put the gun back on the shelf and stopped the process two of the three guys became irate, getting loud, calling him a racist and etc.

They made a bunch of noise and finally left. Never had my eye off them and the direction they left the entire time I was getting my paperwork completed....got my new pistola and skeedaddled....thanking the salesperson for doing what was right and for not losing his cool, but calmly explaining things to the trio of brainiacs who went on to call him racist. :rofl:

It's the new thing....don't get what you want in life....then you can declare people racist. Don't worry about personal accountability....ain't nobody got time for that.

bullgator

He shouldn’t have explained anything to them. He just educated them for the next gun shop they visit.

Question; can’t you get the law involved in attempted straw purchases?