Further Validating My Divorce of the Falcons

jbarron

BANNED
He MAY prove to be a good pick. There is extreme talent on the FCS teams. My issue with them is what kind of talent did they line up against. How many of those awards, that you listed, would he have received lining up against SEC caliber talent every week? Would he win the Butkus Award?

Wyman

I totally agree! I'm just fascinated that he was able to shine at so many different positions (RB, QB, LB). Brings back memories of UGA's Hines Ward (RB, QB, WR).

treemanjohn

Banned
I totally agree! I'm just fascinated that he was able to shine at so many different positions (RB, QB, LB). Brings back memories of UGA's Hines Ward (RB, QB, WR).
Like Patterson. He was a HUGE asset to the Falcons. He was one of the few that actually played last year

DannyW

Agreed. Hines Ward is one guy, Tayson Hill for NO is another. He is listed as a TE but has played on both sides of the ball, QB, RB, TE, WR and even as a kick returner.

But I can't help but wonder if passing on a top 20 player who fell to the 3rd round was a big mistake.

I will say this for sure. It took a lotta courage to risk fan blow-back by not taking a UGA star coming off a NC season.

Big7

The Oracle
Now that they traded Matt, I could care less.
I've been a Falcons fan since I was a little kid.
They were founded when I was 3. I prolly started watching when I was about 10.

Another disappointing aspect is Matt not retiring as a Falcon. But I would continue to make money as long as I could- so I see his point too..

If I had a magic wand, Matt spends his entire career with Atlanta and the Falcons retire his number.

I stopped watching feet- ball when they blew that 20 point super bowl lead.