GA Lifetime Sportsman's License

mmarkey

No state stamps required, WMA is included in the Lifetime License. If you are a duck hunter you still need to BUY a Federal Duck stamp and then just go to get your FREE state deer tags yearly.

Lifetime licenses are valid for the life of the person, even if they move out of Georgia.

NOTE:
Holders of a GA Lifetime Sportsman's License will still need to see a GA License distributor to get a "FREE" annual H.I.P. Permit and/or an annual Deer Harvest Record *** EACH SEASON *** they intend to hunt migratory game birds (dove or waterfowl) or deer hunt.

How does this work? If I am a Georgia lifetime license holder and move out of state I can still hunt in GA, right. But, I will need a GA driver's license (which I will not have b/c I'm out of state) to get a Deer Harvest Record and HIP permit each year. This seems a little confusing to me. Can someone please explain this?

Thanks

Thanks

jason8047

How does this work? If I am a Georgia lifetime license holder and move out of state I can still hunt in GA, right. But, I will need a GA driver's license (which I will not have b/c I'm out of state) to get a Deer Harvest Record and HIP permit each year. This seems a little confusing to me. Can someone please explain this?

Thanks

Thanks

No you misunderstood what you have Quoted. The GA license distributer is a hunting license distributer. If you have a lifetime license you still need to go and get your harvest report card each year from them. You dont need the GA drivers license.

REMINGTON710

so if I get the youth on all I will need to get is a duck stamp and deer harvest records?

robertyb

so if I get the youth on all I will need to get is a duck stamp and deer harvest records?

What is a "youth on all"?

This ain't brain surgery folks. A life time license covers everything you need in the State to hunt and fish except the HIPS and Harvest record which are both free. If you duck hunt you will need a Federal Duck Stamp cause it is FEDERAL not State.

clent586

Bought my son's when he turned 1. He is 5 today and our license may be $200 a year by the time he is 16. Best investment I ever made. He hunts with me now so I hope he will continue. I bought one for me at the same time and if I hunt 4-5 more years it will pay for itself.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I got my Lifetime License yesterday. :banana: I'm 28 so it will be a wise investment.

Flow Master

Just sent off for my lifetime license this morning. I hope it comes before the opening day of bow season. I was so glad to find out about the Vet. discount.
:banana:

georgia_home

i just got a life license for my son and i. for my son, $200 is a great deal! if you have kids, and you can get going early with the $200 cost, and even grandkids!

and a few notes:

hip numbers can be obtained online or via phone. FREE! no convenience fee's!!! ;)
if you have an out of state hunter's ed card, ga will honor it. or at least they did mine. when mine was presented, the returned it to me and issued me a georgia card.

georgia_home

Lifetime Sportsman's License

i just got a life license for my son and i. for my son, $200 is a great deal! if you have kids, and you can get going early with the $200 cost, and even grandkids!

and a few notes:

hip numbers can be obtained online or via phone. FREE! no convenience fee's!!! ;)
if you have an out of state hunter's ed card, ga will honor it. or at least they did mine. when mine was presented, the returned it to me and issued me a georgia card.

oregonbowhunter

does the lifetime license effect your buying of other hunting liscenses in other states like montana and what not as a resident??? It is really cheap to hunt here as a Non-resident that is why i am asking, in montana it costs me 1900 just for one season

Slug-Gunner

Georgia Residency REQUIRED....

does the lifetime license effect your buying of other hunting liscenses in other states like montana and what not as a resident??? It is really cheap to hunt here as a Non-resident that is why i am asking, in montana it costs me 1900 just for one season

There are strict residency requirements to purchase a "Georgia Lifetime Sportsman's License". It is NOT AVAILABLE for non-residents (except the grandchild of a resident.... see original post).

You must be a Georgia resident for at least 12 months immediately preceding the application for the lifetime license and provide proof of residency in order to be eligible for this license.

But to answer your original question.... NO, the purchase of a "Georgia Lifetime Sportsman's License" DOES NOT affect your ability to purchase either resident (if you are a legal resident of that state) or non-resident licenses in any other state. The "Georgia Lifetime Sportsman's License" CONTINUES TO BE VALID for all hunting and fishing in Georgia even if you later move out of Georgia to another state and establish residency in that state.

Slug-Gunner

Last edited:

georgia_home

my plastic card came in a few weeks ago! feels good to have, knowing it helps with the resources.

and, it was very easy using the website to get in and do print hip and harvest tag!

i dont know about all the programs from dnr, but the lifetime thing, the hip / harvest tag and the state part / wma hunt stuff looks pretty good to me!

comptoncarroll

Not sure if anyone knows but there also a free license some vets can get ever three yrs.Its for the one that are disable.. License is called the disability combination hunting and fishing license.Got mine on 08/08/08 and good till 08/08/11 all i have to do is go back to the main office are print the form and send it in. harvest tags are free too. All I had to do is bring in prof of who i was and a letter from the va stateing that i was disable. just want to let you know

iron stob

lifetime licenses

I heard that even though you buy the licenses,you will still have to pay a processing fee,not worth it

danmc

I heard that even though you buy the licenses,you will still have to pay a processing fee,not worth it

Processing fee for what? There is no processing fee for the deer harvest records for lifetime license holders if that's what you were referring to. You just go to walmart and ask for one.

I think the biggest payoff is if you decide to move out of state but still come back to hunt/fish. I've paid a different state a fortune in non-resident licenses to go fishing with Mom and Dad. I should have purchased a lifetime license there back when I had a chance.

-Dan

Slug-Gunner

You HEARD WRONG!!!!

When you have a question.... GO TO THE SOURCE = DNR!

Don't listen to someone who doesn't even have one yet, or even checked into what's involved. The ONLY additional fees involved are the ANNUAL FEDERAL DUCK STAMP, but only if you hunt ducks or geese.

The only time a "processing fee" is involved is if you purchase your regular hunting, big game, or fishing licenses ONLINE thru a third party vendor. The "Lifetime Sportsman's License" IS NOT AVAILABLE via online purchase, but done either by mail or in person at an area DNR office (must be accompanied by required documents).

The only other "processing fee" involved is if a senior over 65 is applying for a Complimentary (FREE) Lifetime Sportsman's License and wishes to get it in the form of the plastic, credit card style for a $10 fee (total cost to them).

Slug-Gunner

Last edited: