Ga Tech Reduces Ticket Prices

MudDucker

Staff member

Guess now you will get a package that includes 2 50 yrd line seats, a limo ride to and from the game and hamburgers instead of the hotdogs of the past all for the price of a Varsity combo.

westcobbdog

Guess now you will get a package that includes 2 50 yrd line seats, a limo ride to and from the game and hamburgers instead of the hotdogs of the past all for the price of a Varsity combo.
If they can just sweeten that offer a bit more they will have 20-30k takers annually. Thinking monthly dinner for 4 at Bones would get some attention..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

They got to throw in the actual Varsity combo plus an Apple pie and they might get some takers.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.

And the limo will stop by the Spring skreet area and find you a date for the night after the game.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And the limo will stop by the Spring skreet area and find you a date for the night after the game.

Nobody at Tech is that desperate. Not even the Nerds. :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Tickets to UGA games are ridiculous.
A round trip to deer camp and back is a fraction of that price plus I can watch the game for free on my phone in the box blind.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
A round trip to deer camp and back is a fraction of that price plus I can watch the game for free on my phone in the box blind.
Love watching them on TV. Plus, I love watching other games on TV. Can flip back and forth. We usually try to make 1 game a year as a family.

MudDucker

Staff member
There is nothing like Saturday in Sanford Stadium, but I'm getting too old to put up with the hassle associated with the trip and parking.

across the river

Everyone should reduce prices! They are all rich already.
This is not true at all. Most college athletic departments loose money, and most schools actually charge an “athletic” fee to students, sometimes hundreds of dollars, to supplement athletics. There are a selective handful of names, everyone knows who they are, that make more than they spend, primarily on football. But overall, athletic departments run in the red.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
This has me :rofl::rofl::rofl: If anyone has ever been to that stadium with those fans and truly enjoyed it, please stand up. One time was enough for me and UGA was playing them. Still a yuck experience.

MudDucker

Staff member
This has me :rofl::rofl::rofl: If anyone has ever been to that stadium with those fans and truly enjoyed it, please stand up. One time was enough for me and UGA was playing them. Still a yuck experience.

Well, I went as a young teenager when I was considering going to Ga Tech with my uncle who was then on some board at the school. It was a good time and Tech even won the game. Soon thereafter, I saw Pepper Rogers and decided if they were dumb enough to hire him, it wasn't the place for me.

Resica

This is not true at all. Most college athletic departments loose money, and most schools actually charge an “athletic” fee to students, sometimes hundreds of dollars, to supplement athletics. There are a selective handful of names, everyone knows who they are, that make more than they spend, primarily on football. But overall, athletic departments run in the red.

If Power 5 schools except maybe the ACC with their poor tv contract are losing money, maybe it's mismangement of funds.

across the river

If Power 5 schools except maybe the ACC with their poor tv contract are losing money, maybe it's mismangement of funds.
The average cost to run a football program is around $25 million. That is the average for all schools. The big boys will cost two to three times that. That is just football. The Big ten and SEC distributed 50-60 million per school, ACC and PAC 12 30-40 million per school. Football and basketball programs only bring in more more than the program cost to run at roughly 50% of the schools that have programs, ~50%. Every other sport at any school, SEC,ACC, BIG 10, is doesn’t matter, is a net lose every year. While Texas, Georgia, or Bama football, and Kentucky and Kansas basketball could stand on their own, those are the exceptions and not the rule. The athletic departments still have to fund the other sports, that have to be supplemented financially from somewhere. That is why most all schools, “loose money” on athletics even if they happen to “make money” on football and or basketball. Has nothing to do with mismanagement and everything to do with being required to fund all programs, even the ones people aren’t willing to pay to watch.