Game check

Mako22

BANNED
We should go to a tag system like South Carolina uses and get rid of the call in game check. Also licenses are too expensive and the price needs to be lowered. DNR also needs to stop listening to the horn hunter crowd when righting regulations.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We should go to a tag system like South Carolina uses and get rid of the call in game check.

No we should not because South Cakalakey sux and we shouldn't be anything like them at all.

:pop:

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
What do you write if you don't know what the number is?

You don't need the paper copy if you have your license saved in the app. All you have to do is click "Your Mobile History" in the Game Check portion of the app to prove that you reported it before moving the carcass. If you still prefer to use the paper copy, you write down the county and harvest date before you move the carcass then report it to Game Check within 72 hours.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
We should go to a tag system like South Carolina uses and get rid of the call in game check. Also licenses are too expensive and the price needs to be lowered. DNR also needs to stop listening to the horn hunter crowd when righting regulations.

Physical tags don't give us any estimate of the number of deer killed, which is the purpose of Game Check. Not sure what horn hunters have to do with implementing a harvest reporting system. Game Check is really more valuable for managing doe harvest which has far more impact on the population than buck harvest.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
And coming at you right out of left field:

All of which I happen to disagree with.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Last thing I want to carry is a tag.....I will have my phone with me anywho.
When I see them tagging Midwest deer etc.., I always think what a pain that must be. I do see the beauty of it though. Prefer the game check system.

Matthewmathis8

I got a warning ticket this past year for not having it on paper before moving the carcass. He was sitting at my truck when I got back with my deer on private land. Didn’t care that it was on my phone.

Sixes

Seriously?

The app and electronic license system is the best thing the DNR has done since restocking whitetails.

I haven't bought a license since they started the Lifetime License

delacroix

BANNED
Lot easier to just have DNR the way they always did without harassing hunters with apps. I realize this requires DNR to do more work but its not like they're volunteering. DNR employees get pay and privilege aplenty. We deserve more service for our tax dollar not more hassle.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
it doesn’t get much easier than it is with the new game check !

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Lot easier to just have DNR the way they always did without harassing hunters with apps. I realize this requires DNR to do more work but its not like they're volunteering. DNR employees get pay and privilege aplenty. We deserve more service for our tax dollar not more hassle.

That isn't easier for them or for me. You are getting more service per dollar out of GA DNR than just about any other .Gov agency that I have ever seen. A lot of those people put in hours that they don't get paid for every month.

LittleDrummerBoy

I'm a flip phone guy, so I'd rather not have to download, learn, and use a phone app. I like a piece of paper and calling it in later.

Years ago, when I hunted Ohio, we had to take every deer to a check in station and get a permanent tag within 24 hours of harvest. The GA system is much easier and convenient. I don't mind it at all.

The bottom line is the more info game managers have, the better job they can do.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Last thing I want to carry is a tag.....I will have my phone with me anywho.
When I see them tagging Midwest deer etc.., I always think what a pain that must be. I do see the beauty of it though. Prefer the game check system.
You actually have to do both in Illinois. Gotta put a tag on it before you move it then call in to get a conformation number and write that on the tag within a certain time period.