GameCheck....Truth Be Told, Or Not

Wayne D Davis

Triple the fines and pull licenses a year for failure of not reporting. You'll get more accurate results then. Most laws are broken repeatedly because folks know they just get their hand slapped

I sometimes wish they had "seals" for deer and turkeys and bears you had to return if used or unused and if you didn't have one clipped on the animal during transport then you lost your license for the next year and if you were caught in possession of someone else's seals you would also automatically loose your license for the next year. Even the electronically tagged animals in your phone is easy to put someone else's tag on it and get away with it. I guess we dont need to get carried away but its something to ponder on how to prevent fraud...

That would straighten things out quickly with the poaching going on.....

Some states actually do this.

Wayne D Davis

I sometimes wish they had "seals" for deer and turkeys and bears you had to return if used or unused and if you didn't have one clipped on the animal during transport then you lost your license for the next year and if you were caught in possession of someone else's seals you would also automatically loose your license for the next year. Even the electronically tagged animals in your phone is easy to put someone else's tag on it and get away with it. I guess we dont need to get carried away but its something to ponder on how to prevent fraud...

Several years ago we had tags. One buck and two doe . To be used before moving the animal. Reason for the change is rarely did anyone send there used tag in. The way it is; its tagged and reported in one move. Done deal. I don't see how it would be easy or very wise to have another's info on a deer your dragging unless of course they are with you. Don't see it going over very well if their not.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

What states require you to send in unused tags and revoke next year's license when you don't? I've never heard of such a thing, sounds like government overreach to me.