Garmin Echomap UHD 93 SV with Gt54 transducer

Angel Eyes

I have tried noise filters from Garmin they will send them to you free. Made no difference. I even put mine on it’s on battery and made no difference. No cables crossing and had ground wire installed in trolling motor. If it is like mine the slower the trolling motor speed the worse the interference. No interference at all with the outboard running.

littlejon

I have tried noise filters from Garmin they will send them to you free. Made no difference. I even put mine on it’s on battery and made no difference. No cables crossing and had ground wire installed in trolling motor. If it is like mine the slower the trolling motor speed the worse the interference. No interference at all with the outboard running.
Mine does the exact same thing. The slower the trolling motor turns the worst the interference is. I just don't think the transducer is compatible with my trolling motor. But like I said mine is where I could live with it for now

Spook

Good units but very prone to electrical noise. My dash mount works great, trolling motor one stinks.

Ajohnson0587

Mine does the exact same thing. The slower the trolling motor turns the worst the interference is. I just don't think the transducer is compatible with my trolling motor. But like I said mine is where I could live with it for now

Are the units at the bow wired into the same battery as the trolling motor?
I have a 93SV w/GT56 transducer, i have 0 interference. I run a separate battery (Dakota Lithium 23AH) that's mounted in the bow of the boat where i keep life jackets & a change of clothes.

Last edited:

JROESEL

I used to get interference on a 36v motor guide xi5, trolling motor batteries were out of the loop from the garmins, the wiring was on different sides of the boat, I ended up running dedicated shielded lines to everyone one of my units, including the live scope, it’s stopped the problems, I also use ferrite rings, I’ve found all kind of wiring night mares in my harness over the years, I think I’ve got all of them repaired and fixed, here is a link that will kinda walk you through a process, same concept even though it’s hummingbird
https://www.humminbird.com/support/faqs/TrollingMotorInterference

littlejon

Are the units at the bow wired into the same battery as the trolling motor?
I have a 93SV w/GT56 transducer, i have 0 interference. I run a separate battery (Dakota Lithium 23AH) that's mounted in the bow of the boat where i keep life jackets & a change of clothes.
As stated in my earlier post it is not wired to the trolling motor battery. I swapped it out with my Humminbird unit. Did not have noise interference with my helix

littlejon

Sounds like you should have stuck with the helix
This unit was a upgrade in screen size. And for the price I just could not beat it since I was in the market for one . And now I have the option to go with live scope which is a plus. I have options. I run the same size unit on the console which is another Helix. I can simply swap the two. I think the Side Imaging is better on the Helix though. I'm only using the Garmin for traditional sonar and down Imaging once in awhile

sasmojoe

This unit was a upgrade in screen size. And for the price I just could not beat it since I was in the market for one . And now I have the option to go with live scope which is a plus. I have options. I run the same size unit on the console which is another Helix. I can simply swap the two. I think the Side Imaging is better on the Helix though. I'm only using the Garmin for traditional sonar and down Imaging once in awhile
Yea I almost bought one of these when I saw the sale flyer. I run helix 7 on bow and am considering getting live scope or mega live. I will have to upgrade my front unit either way I go.

littlejon

Yea I almost bought one of these when I saw the sale flyer. I run helix 7 on bow and am considering getting live scope or mega live. I will have to upgrade my front unit either way I go.
I took the Helix 7 off my bow and put on the Garmin 9 inch screen. I will tell you it's worth it for me since I only use traditional sonar and down Imaging on the bow. Not getting the Helix 9 and going to the Garmin save me $700. I'll put that towards livescope

Burton

I don't notice any interference with my livescope and minn kota maxxum. I also stopped using traditional when I added the livescope 2 years ago.

I have the 93 on my console and another on the bow for livescope.