Gas Prices Are UP Again

Redbow

From last week. The local convenience store I go by it when I take off the trash was $4.09.9 just a few minutes ago. . A few days ago some places around here were 3.64.9 and 3.66.9. Looks like Liden has run out of the strategic reserves of oil maybe. I noticed gas began creeping up again in the past few days. Some places now have diesel at 5.50.9.

But of course terrorist ah, I mean tourist season starts here soon so they gotta gouge a bit with all the folks coming to the beaches.

Redbow

I haven't seen regular gas over 4.09.9 in our area but I'm quite sure we all will very soon now. And yes diesel is brutal and will also add brutal prices to other things that we all need and have to have.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Filled up last week in Jasper at the Race Trac....3.39.9. Filled up today, 3.69.9

Hickory Nut

Summer gasoline blends are to blame for the most recent price jump. Diesel is just insane, I’m holding off bush hogging as long as possible.

snooker1

I had 1/2 a tank so I was going to fill it up. Pump cut me off at $99.00 and it wasn't full. 5.65 a gallon for diesel is crazy.

Attachments

• 20220509_103401.jpg
    20220509_103401.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2

Lukikus2

24 pack of bottled water was $3.69. Now $5.87. A dozen eggs was $.79. Now $3.50 And on and on.

GTMODawg

BANNED
From last week. The local convenience store I go by it when I take off the trash was $4.09.9 just a few minutes ago. . A few days ago some places around here were 3.64.9 and 3.66.9. Looks like Liden has run out of the strategic reserves of oil maybe. I noticed gas began creeping up again in the past few days. Some places now have diesel at 5.50.9.

But of course terrorist ah, I mean tourist season starts here soon so they gotta gouge a bit with all the folks coming to the beaches.

It is a royal pain in the rear and a shock to the system but current gas prices are lower, adjusted for inflation, than they were in 2008. from 1999-2008 the average increased 453% when adjusted for inflation through 2008. In the last 10 years gas prices have actually decreased on average even at today's shocking cost by about 20% when adjusted for inflation through today. Gas would be $5.25 a gallon on average today to match what it was in 2008 on this day, adjusted for inflation. The problem is not inflation it is wage stagnation that has occurred since the mid 1970's. Inflation hits the pocket book hard for certain because the pocket book is not as well stocked as it once was. Meanwhile corporate profits are at an all time high and taxation is at an all time low when adjusted for inflation. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the lap dogs of corporate America in Washington and Atllanta etc set the people at odds with one another to distract from the policies they have enacted since the 70s which ensured the investor class made piles of money while the rest of us kept earning more and more but spending even more simply to maintain the same standard of living. In the final insult it ain't going to change anytime soon because the people buy into the ** from whichever side of the aisle they find pretty and blame the other side for all manner of ill when in fact both sides are doing the bidding of the investor class to the detriment of 300+ million people in this country alone. It ain't by accident that there were 13 billionaires in the US prior to 1980, adjusted for inflation through March 2022, and they were 724 in March of 2022....and they paid 21% of the taxes those poor son of a guns paid in 1980. Meanwhile, adjusted for inflation, the rest of us have seen either stagnant wages or actual losses in wages. It doesn't seem like it because we get raises and are making more but the dollar we earn today is not the same dollar it was in 1980.

Waddams

It is a royal pain in the rear and a shock to the system but current gas prices are lower, adjusted for inflation, than they were in 2008. from 1999-2008 the average increased 453% when adjusted for inflation through 2008. In the last 10 years gas prices have actually decreased on average even at today's shocking cost by about 20% when adjusted for inflation through today. Gas would be $5.25 a gallon on average today to match what it was in 2008 on this day, adjusted for inflation. The problem is not inflation it is wage stagnation that has occurred since the mid 1970's. Inflation hits the pocket book hard for certain because the pocket book is not as well stocked as it once was. Meanwhile corporate profits are at an all time high and taxation is at an all time low when adjusted for inflation. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the lap dogs of corporate America in Washington and Atllanta etc set the people at odds with one another to distract from the policies they have enacted since the 70s which ensured the investor class made piles of money while the rest of us kept earning more and more but spending even more simply to maintain the same standard of living. In the final insult it ain't going to change anytime soon because the people buy into the ** from whichever side of the aisle they find pretty and blame the other side for all manner of ill when in fact both sides are doing the bidding of the investor class to the detriment of 300+ million people in this country alone. It ain't by accident that there were 13 billionaires in the US prior to 1980, adjusted for inflation through March 2022, and they were 724 in March of 2022....and they paid 21% of the taxes those poor son of a guns paid in 1980. Meanwhile, adjusted for inflation, the rest of us have seen either stagnant wages or actual losses in wages. It doesn't seem like it because we get raises and are making more but the dollar we earn today is not the same dollar it was in 1980.

the big problem is wages have not grown to match inflation. so the actual purchasing power required to expend to buy gas and everything else is just going through the roof. the DEM's are purposely trying to break the country, and there are enough voters buying into the lies that they are succeeding.