Geese

sportsman94

First goose hunt of the year. Found about 30 geese hanging out in a field yesterday. I knew the fact that the weather was so drastically different today would likely change what they did, but wanted to get out there anyways. Had two pairs come in and do what they were supposed to and none of them got away. A lone goose came in later and we weren’t able to get it to the truck. Glad the dog got some work. Saw some in a different field on the way home. Gonna try to get on those in the morning.

704C9992-9737-4DCD-882A-A56258C0712E.jpeg

david c

First goose hunt of the year. Found about 30 geese hanging out in a field yesterday. I knew the fact that the weather was so drastically different today would likely change what they did, but wanted to get out there anyways. Had two pairs come in and do what they were supposed to and none of them got away. A lone goose came in later and we weren’t able to get it to the truck. Glad the dog got some work. Saw some in a different field on the way home. Gonna try to get on those in the morning.

sportsman94

2 more this morning on a solo hunt. Mr. Green jeans decided to pay me a visit right at the time a flock left the neighbors roost pond and tried to work my spread. May have been able to get close to scratching out a limit if not for that. He left and I was getting ready to call it quits when I heard these two coming in. Hopped in the blind, let them come aNd shot both of them when they got to me. No more geese came in after that although while sending the dog on one of the geese I heard something and looked to my right. As best as I could tell it was a lone specklebelly goose headed my way, but then flared after he saw me standing there. Was a fun morning to be out there64496CD9-22FB-4EBB-ABB8-64E59C8748CA.jpeg

sportsman94

Two hunters this morning. We dropped a double that came in, then had a group of 7 and killed three of those. A big group landed about 120 yards out. As luck would have it we had a double and a single come in as we were leaving the field. Was a fun morning
A2740917-4227-4AA7-A66D-06E59A0726ED.jpeg

Way to go! I love goose! Makes great jerky too!

sportsman94

Way to go! I love goose! Makes great jerky too!
The best jerky I ever made was goose jerky according to my wife! Have about 14 pounds of breast from this week and who knows how many pounds of legs/thighs. Debating on turning It into jerky, sausage, regular ground, or something else. These are the kinds of decisions I like having to make!