General questions

GONoob

Hi all, I set up a feeder with 3 trail cameras yesterday in Cleveland, GA. Loaded with corn to spray 3 times a day at 6 seconds. This is a new property and want to start attracting deer to this property for 2020 season. While I see deer here and there and not really all on my property. I'm looking for all tips and tricks to attract deer. I checked it today and I see 1 black BEAR, no coons, no squirrels but 1 bear. Hes about 4' while eating, guesstimate on size? What a surprise. I promise to upload pictures later.

My questions are.

When do you decide to check the cameras/refill feeder? I'm worried about spooking them.

How far from a game trail do you set up a feeder?

Theres a natural slow running spring. The spring and game trail run parallel about 20 yards apart. Spring is in-between 2 ridges and game trail is 20 yards up(kinda steep). How do I utilize this?

Its painful scouting mountain ranges. Any tips?

Swamprat

Swamprat
If you already have a bear on camera after one day...take the feeder down and look for ways to improve the property in other ways such as food plots. The bear will not leave that feeder alone.

Jimmypop

I put mine in a low place near the wood line near the center of my property. I don't think it matters, they'er going to find it anyway. Here's a shot of one I've had at least 15 yrs. It looks like a hog wallow and we don't have pigs.

Attachments

• 0227190826.jpg
    0227190826.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 46

280 Man

Banned
Should I put it off the game trail?

Yes. Find a place where there's some dirt exposed or make your own spot with a shovel. I bury about 2/3 of my blocks.

Also, if you wanna keep that feeder you best take it down. That bear will tear it up. Dont ask how I know! Lol

Swamprat

Swamprat
I am starting to think bears are getting educated to the sound of a feeder motor going off. Kinda like you hear about the browns and grizzlies out West, they hear a gun shot and start ambling over to it.

GONoob

I am starting to think bears are getting educated to the sound of a feeder motor going off. Kinda like you hear about the browns and grizzlies out West, they hear a gun shot and start ambling over to it.
Honestly, the (-) on the battery connector became loose so it wasn't even spinning lol

GONoob

Mama bear and her 2 cubs show up nearly every night.. Neighbor says theres a 900# male somewhere. While its cool to watch, the whole purpose of this was for deer lol. They're pooping everywhere, too. Stepped on 2 piles today. Scouted more areas out and no matter where I go I see signs of bear. Think I'll take the food plot route

Attachments

• DSCF0038.JPG
    DSCF0038.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0035.JPG
    DSCF0035.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0052.JPG
    DSCF0052.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0044.JPG
    DSCF0044.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0209.JPG
    DSCF0209.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 15

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
First, your neighbor has not seen a 900# black bear in white county unless he's been down on bean creek.
Second, you should be more careful where you step.
And last but not least, You should be usin' deer corn from walmarks.

Hope this helps.(y)

Swamprat

Swamprat
No 900 pound black bear in any county in the SE, in reality probably the world.....keep feeding them bears and you will see no deer.

Get rid of the feeder pronto.