Georgia Big 5

Todd Cook

In other words turkey, deer, hog, gator, and bear. All killed in GA, all killed with trad equipment. I know Al has done it. Maybe Jerry Russell? Who else? Has anybody ever done it with primative gear?

strothershwacker

I'm planning to chase bear with recurve this year. Spent some time in the woods yesterday morning. Seen 3 separate bears. 2 of which I was able to sneak within stickbow range. Wind shifted on the other one and he was gone. It'll be my first year with trad. I'm very intimidated by it, if I'm honest. I've shot multiple critters with a compound that where under 15 yards so I'm not sure what my hesitation is. I'd love to make a bear my 1st trad kill!

Ben1100Mag

I am pretty sure Mark Land has completed a Slam a couple of times in Georgia

Buckman18

I'm planning to chase bear with recurve this year. Spent some time in the woods yesterday morning. Seen 3 separate bears. 2 of which I was able to sneak within stickbow range. Wind shifted on the other one and he was gone. It'll be my first year with trad. I'm very intimidated by it, if I'm honest. I've shot multiple critters with a compound that where under 15 yards so I'm not sure what my hesitation is. I'd love to make a bear my 1st trad kill!

I got a recurve for Christmas in 2017. Practiced and practiced and I can put a dozen arrows in a paper plate at 15 yards. Last September, made a blind with young pine tops overlooking some white oaks behind the house, out comes a little ol’ spike at 10 yards. I missed it by 5 feet! Fun, but humbling!

tree cutter 08

I got a recurve for Christmas in 2017. Practiced and practiced and I can put a dozen arrows in a paper plate at 15 yards. Last September, made a blind with young pine tops overlooking some white oaks behind the house, out comes a little ol’ spike at 10 yards. I missed it by 5 feet! Fun, but humbling!
That's what I envision happening with me this year. Every big buck I've shot at with my bow was a clean miss and not really close. I don't know what happens other than I'm no Indian.

Clipper

Buckman18 and Treecutter08,
You are not alone - the majority of traditional bowhunters have done the same thing, including me:).

tree cutter 08

That's why I figured I'd start with bear. Don't have any extra does that need to be killed. We got so many bears man will have many chances to get a arrow through one. Sneaking within longbow range is a challenge to. I almost had the chance to miss same bear twice last year. He only went off about a hundred yards and went back to climbing.

jbogg

To get all five with a Trad bow would be one heck of an accomplishment. My shoulders aren’t up to hunting with a Vert bow much less Trad gear anymore, but I am working towards my Big Four. After a lifetime hunting private ground I decided I wanted to take a Public land Mountain Buck, Bear, Hog and Turkey. I am 75% towards my goal with the Mountain Buck being all that has eluded me. If it weren’t for Treecutter, Buckman, Strotherschwacker, KillerKyle and a handful of other guys I wouldn’t believe they exist. Might as well be hunting for a unicorn as many deer as Iv’e seen.

tree cutter 08

To get all five with a Trad bow would be one heck of an accomplishment. My shoulders aren’t up to hunting with a Vert bow much less Trad gear anymore, but I am working towards my Big Four. After a lifetime hunting private ground I decided I wanted to take a Public land Mountain Buck, Bear, Hog and Turkey. I am 75% towards my goal with the Mountain Buck being all that has eluded me. If it weren’t for Treecutter, Buckman, Strotherschwacker, KillerKyle and a handful of other guys I wouldn’t believe they exist. Might as well be hunting for a unicorn as many deer as Iv’e seen.
just a matter of time! My guess is this year will be your year!