Georgia Game Check results

BornToHuntAndFish

Very disappointing going backwards in new implementation of deer harvest results by county which is horribly miserable to use now, unfortunately. Current reports are not reflecting the accuracy of a couple days ago. Ease of use has only gotten worse, unfortunately. Hope the tool can get back to improving it instead of making many things worse.

BornToHuntAndFish

As I just posted in other forum discussion thread related to this to provide a few more details . . .

http://forum.gon.com/threads/dnr-game-check.929407/

Post #13:

Unfortunately, new Georgia Harvest Reports implementation is riddled with problems & failures.

Are any Georgia DNR employees testing this tool out & approving it after experiencing satisfaction & success before releasing it to the public???

Please thoroughly test new tool changes before opening it up for public use to avoid massive embarrassment. Have the department test it out, then let the gov't state agency test it out. When new tool numerous problems are fixed & checks out successfully, then open new tool up to the public.

"Deer Harvests by County / WMA" lists most counties that are not part of Georgia's 159 counties. As said earlier in Post #1, this section is an obvious "mess".

"Game Check Harvest by County Details" lists all Georgia 159 counties with "Antlered Male = 0" and "% Antlered Male = % 0.00". Report for just one county places zeroes or 0 in all columns except "Total" and "Gun" column has a one or 1.

This morning the "Reg Bow" column was not there.

Sorry but I do not like being negative, but much attention needs to be given to Georgia Harvest Reports by management.

Good luck in the future with it.

ucfireman

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the go hunt ga app. Has a new look and new features.
The problem I'm having is when I click for "real time results" for harvest it's just sends me to log in page. After I log in, every time why I can't stay logged in I don't know, i can got to the harvest screen to log my harvest but CAN NOT figure out how to see real time results.
HELP please.

Wayne D Davis

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the go hunt ga app. Has a new look and new features.
The problem I'm having is when I click for "real time results" for harvest it's just sends me to log in page. After I log in, every time why I can't stay logged in I don't know, i can got to the harvest screen to log my harvest but CAN NOT figure out how to see real time results.
HELP please.
I was having troubles before with it now it's really messed up.... having same problem as you. Go's straight back to log screen.... real time results have vanished

MaddawgJ

Same here, went to do my typical Monday morning check of how the numbers changed and neither the website nor the app allow me access to the results.

ProAngler

Does anyone know what the assume percent response rate is for the game check system? As in, what percent of deer harvested are not accounted for by gamecheck currently?

BULL MOOSE

I just looked a pt a few WMAs for last year. It can’t be right....Coosawatee shows no deer and other wmas are really low.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Does anyone know what the assume percent response rate is for the game check system? As in, what percent of deer harvested are not accounted for by gamecheck currently?

Overall compliance last season was 62%, but it varies regionally and by sex of the deer. We get this by comparing our hunter surveys against Game Check (I knew that would be your next question).

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Can see where it could be a great management tool for management areas. But on private leased clubs, farms etc, can't see where it's done any good.