Georgia trapping laws/regulations

Thread starter #1
Here's a link to what should be the current trapping laws/regulations.
https://georgiawildlife.com/regulations/trapping

---AS A POINT OF CLARIFICATION---
NOTE****
The one titled "number 2 traps"
There IS NOT in law or regulation containing ANYTHING referring to "number 2 traps" as far as what size are legal to set on on dry ground. The law states that the jaw opening cannot be more than 5.75 inches"
DNR Law Enforcement has a policy (Technically OIR 27-3-63) that was put in to place 7-1-2002 that says the way they will measure it is:
The inside spread across the dog (grip to grip, not spring to spring) will be the location of measurement for all leg hold traps.

The "number 2 trap law" as it is referred to is called that back when basically all traps #2 size measured that, but the legal terminology mentions NOTHING about "number two traps" by name.

Thread starter #4
Yep, some #3s are legal in Georgia. As long as the inside jaw spread is 5.75 inches or less you're good to go. I use inside laminated 650s.
👍

buckpasser

Yep, some #3s are legal in Georgia. As long as the inside jaw spread is 5.75 inches or less you're good to go. I use inside laminated 650s.
My BIL ordered one after @Throwback was kind enough to enlighten me on the wording of the law a while back. That thing is beast. Before I knew what I was getting into I had ordered a “coyote trapping kit” with six Duke #2s (because of the wording of the law). There is quite the difference in them and the 650! Haha. I have caught on all Duke #3s and MB 550s so far.

Based on the wording of the law it seems that it could be read to say that a license is only needed if you "trap and sell hides"... thoughts?

A trapping license is required for trapping and selling fur, hides and pelts.

Unfortunately clicking on the sentence above on the page that TB linked to only takes you in a circular route back to the same page...no additional info is given.

buckpasser

Based on the wording of the law it seems that it could be read to say that a license is only needed if you "trap and sell hides"... thoughts?

A trapping license is required for trapping and selling fur, hides and pelts.

Unfortunately clicking on the sentence above on the page that TB linked to only takes you in a circular route back to the same page...no additional info is given.
I wish it said FOR furs and I didn’t need any license or permit. I don’t see myself ever selling a fur unless prices change dramatically. So far I only trap to remove animals that directly affect pond dams or game animal populations.