Get ready for the Joro spider invasion.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t mind either, but chiggars make me lose sleep. Especially when they scale into my SNAs.
Ticks are worse. I'll take 10,000 spiders over one tick any day. At least chiggers won't make you allergic to red meat.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good point, but man, there’s just something about chiggar bites on your bubble gum!
A few years ago, when I was out trying to find all the corner stobs on a piece of land I bought, wearing shorts and a tshirt, I was covered from bottom of shorts legs to end of tshirt sleeves with chiggers. Hundreds and hundreds of them. It was miserable for a few days, but I'll still take that over a dozen seed ticks.

Beagler

I’m lucky I haven’t seen any spiders like that in elbert or Hart county.?

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
None of that stuff bothers me at all. Nothing in the woods and swamps does, but when I go to town I get so jittery that I could thread the needle on a sewing machine with it running wide open.
What I'm going through right now has changed my feelings about a lot of things. I'll be poisoning my yard and the edge of the woods at my place a few times a year for the rest of my life from now on. It won't keep me out of the woods, but it will make me take a lot more precautions than I used to like tucking pants in socks and using both permethrin and deet.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What I'm going through right now has changed my feelings about a lot of things. I'll be poisoning my yard and the edge of the woods at my place a few times a year for the rest of my life from now on. It won't keep me out of the woods, but it will make me take a lot more precautions than I used to like tucking pants in socks and using both permethrin and deet.

That`s why I drink the vinegar, Brother.

ryanh487

Spiders are the only reason i use a flashlight in the dark on the way to the stand. my night vision is good enough to find the tree without a light. But not good enough to spot the big spiders that like to build webs across our roads and trails in the dark.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I always leave the spiders alone. They'll catch and eat those pesky skeeters, biting flies, and gnats. At least some of them. :bounce: So they're good to have around.

Banana Spider (September 18, 2019) (3).JPG

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That`s why I drink the vinegar, Brother.
Are you mixing the vinegar with water, or just drink it straight. I mix about a spoonful in a glass of water before drinking. Just a tiny sip of that stuff straight, is way too strong for me.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Are you mixing the vinegar with water, or just drink it straight. I mix about a spoonful in a glass of water before drinking. Just a tiny sip of that stuff straight, is way too strong for me.

Regular apple cider I drink straight. Bragg`s apple cider with the "Mother" I mix with orange juice or grape juice. I tried it straight it nearly burned a hole in my swaller pipe.