Getting a tune up for after deer hunters leave the woods !

shawnrice

Been getting the pack back in running shape ,waiting for deer season to be over and have some hunting spots open up for rabbit hunting
Some are new Weircreek dogs and some of my ol' Blues ...one old male has slowed waaaay down 10 yrs old and an old injury ...but he still wants to go and cleans up the over ran rabbits behind the wildcats ..:D:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

specialk

Nice vid sr, ima head out saturday for my first hunt since deer season opened.....i'm as giddy as a 12 y.o. school girl...lol....

shawnrice

Hope you enjoy it specialk ,couple more weeks and we will be able to get to some good places down here and hunt ,right now I run at my beagle club when I get a chance

Let me just say, I haven't listened to a pack burnin a cottontail since my old man(Mr.Robert53) passed away back in 2013. Me and him use to be pretty well known in here and took a lot of folks hunting. But since he passed I sold my dogs and everything to do with em. But that video right there Mr.Rice has got that fire started burning in me. I think it's time to build a pack that would make the old man proud!

shawnrice

Thank You Bigrob ,I about tossed in the towel because of lost running ground and such BUT I've had some kind of running hound for so long I just couldnt quit ..I drive alot further just to get to run them now but I still get to enjoy hearing a dog run !
Thanks for watching

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Let me just say, I haven't listened to a pack burnin a cottontail since my old man(Mr.Robert53) passed away back in 2013. Me and him use to be pretty well known in here and took a lot of folks hunting. But since he passed I sold my dogs and everything to do with em. But that video right there Mr.Rice has got that fire started burning in me. I think it's time to build a pack that would make the old man proud!
My father was big into bird dogs and I was as well. When he got to old to take care of the dogs and I started working on the road we let our line of pointers pass away. My father passed several years ago and told me before he passed he regretted letting those dogs go and missed hunting them more than fishing and he fished almost every day after he retired. That got me back into bird hunting and raising my own dog again. I never knew how much I needed the dogs till I got back into it. Shame on me for ever stopping.
Build you a new pack and run them hard.

shawnrice

My father was big into bird dogs and I was as well. When he got to old to take care of the dogs and I started working on the road we let our line of pointers pass away. My father passed several years ago and told me before he passed he regretted letting those dogs go and missed hunting them more than fishing and he fished almost every day after he retired. That got me back into bird hunting and raising my own dog again. I never knew how much I needed the dogs till I got back into it. Shame on me for ever stopping.
Build you a new pack and run them hard.
I agree (y)(y)

shawnrice

Thanks guys. It's time and I know it might be ruff to start but I think I'll finally find some comfort working with the dogs and listening to them run.
I do all this just to hear a dog running ...its just what I like ,I took a guy (the one in video) just for someone to go with ...he stayed on the phone playing games or something all morning ...your either a dog man or your not ...he could of cared less ...
Last trip for him :LOL::LOL:

oldways

Thank you for posting this I love to hear a race makes stop whatever I'm doing and listen. Sounds like heaven to me Thank You again