Getting pushed out of Standing Boy WMA

Taco4x4

Yeah I agree with you there that this year its probably over and gonna disturb the deer a bit, but I was mainly referring to the OP, you made it sound like standing boy was over and gonna be void of deer. As long as them does stay there them big boys will be around
I gotcha and I am the OP. Naw I was only talking about the hunters. Another year maybe for us and Parks and Recreation will probably run us out and you bet it will be a deer SANCTUARY. I have enjoyed the last 7 years on that property and got my eye on another Archery only WMA. Been scouting it some and I like what I'm seeing.

Taco4x4

That stinks man, I would be in court with that one. I know of a few firefighters that are still hunting behind the DMV. I remember when there was bow targets set up all through those woods.
Yea man I would shoot at that range after school back in the day. I know the Firefighter your talking about. We met out there few years back and we kind of let each other know where we were huntin so not to mess each other up. I don't have his number but you might want to tell him they are now looking for others. Yea I thought about court but I always knew in the back of my head that I really probably shouldn't be there. So I lick my wounds and move on.

Taco4x4

Exactly. This area was acquired with the intention of eventually being a state park. Dnr was able to use it as a public hunting ground until that happened. Now it’s happening. The years it was used as WMA are really just “gravy” to hunters
there have been other places that were acquired for similar reasons that hunting wasn’t allowed. Be thankful for what you’ve been able to do up until now.
Yes sir I am thankful. I have spoke with DNR a few times and they let me know about Parks and Recreation taking it over and kind of what to expect for the future of the property. It was a fun ride....

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Bullcreek archery range sure brings back some memories from the early 80's. Yeah got tired of the people walking up on me at Standing Boy Turkey hunting during youth and archery. I never thought about archery hunting it after my buddy told me about the number of folks walking through the woods while deer hunting. Them yuppies trying to change it all.

philtuts

With the energy spent on talking about Standing Boy and how it’s changing, you could knock on 3-5 doors per day and probably gain access to some awesome private stuff before too long. It’s at your fingertips, just gotta work for it.

roadkill

There are mountain bike trails where I hunt. I just watch them ride right by, never knowing I'm sitting right off the trail 30 feet up a tree. I bow hunt the whole season, so they never hear me shoot.