Getting ready

sportsman94

First day of thanksgiving break for me and I'm wide open getting traps boiled to get old wax off, then I'm gonna dye and wax. Also making some visual attractors and sifting peat moss. I'm ready to start setting soon

mr otter

No blue light special QA, got the pot from ol Ray T. after he passed. That pot has been boiling traps since the late 60's.

Whiskydog

Nice set up Otter.

I had to order a few parts for a couple of traps yesterday, but most of mine are dyed and waxed and ready for dirt.

Doug B.

Don't wait til Nov. 20th to boil/dye/wax your traps. Mine have been ready to go in the ground for a couple of months now. There is too much to do to wait til the last minute.

buckpasser

Don't wait til Nov. 20th to boil/dye/wax your traps. Mine have been ready to go in the ground for a couple of months now. There is too much to do to wait til the last minute.

How many yote traps do you run?

Doug B.

I only run probably two dozen at a time. I have another couple dozen ready to go if I need clean ones or get a new place to set or something changes.

buckpasser

I only run probably two dozen at a time. I have another couple dozen ready to go if I need clean ones or get a new place to set or something changes.

Cool. I have slowly been stocking up. I now have 31. I keep imagining setting about three dozen this winter on the best sign at all my places. If I do it I will be able to pop out of bed like a kid on Christmas morning. It thrills me to think about catching two in one day or a bobcat and coyote on the same day.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Anybody local that sells wood stretchers ? PM info please.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Reckon what ever happened to mr otter , always enjoyed his post