Getting ready

Allen Oliver

I got out and started checking food sources this weekend. Pulled cameras that have been in the woods since last season. Got some good pics that I am going to try and get posted today. The property I hunt I have learned to stay out of it as much as possible. With that thought in mind I finally purchased a cellular camera. I will post some reviews on this in the future. Come on let's bring this site back strong guys.

devolve

I’m on the verge of buying a cell cam as well. I just can’t decide which one still. So many terrible reviews on so many platforms. I HATE walking in to hunting spots so frequently just to check a camera.
This summer I put my cameras on travel routes headed into my hunting spots instead. Maybe it will make a difference, maybe it won’t.

MissouriBoy

I looked at cell cameras recently as well. Looking forward to your reviews.

Triple C

I"m on the verge of purchasing the Cuddelink system myself. Just can't quite pull the trigger but know I'm going cellular at some point.

splatek

UAEC
Don’t get a spypoint micro
Absolute garbage. When it sends pics it only seems a fraction of what’s on the card. try something else.
Just my two cents. I went in and bought a bunch in discount. Wish I’d saved the dough

hambone76

I’ve been preparing for the opener for the last several weeks now. I lost a well established mineral site due to some heavy equipment work done on my place, so I had to go back in there and start over once they finished up. I used to get a lot of pictures of deer off of that site, so I’m hoping that the activity there picks up. It only took the does half of a day to find the new mineral lick and they’ve been visiting it every few hours, every day since.

I’m already finding a lot of green muscadines on the ground that are nearing full development, I’m thinking that most of them will ripen and fall early, as they’ve done in recent years on my place. If I can find a productive vine still bearing fruit for the opener I might be able to take advantage of that situation.

hambone76

Don’t get a spypoint micro
Absolute garbage. When it sends pics it only seems a fraction of what’s on the card. try something else.
Just my two cents. I went in and bought a bunch in discount. Wish I’d saved the dough

That stinks. It seems like the reviews are definitely mixed for them. I bough one last December and it’s done quite well for me. No issues at all.

splatek

UAEC
That stinks. It seems like the reviews are definitely mixed for them. I bough one last December and it’s done quite well for me. No issues at all.

I have two in coweta county - where there ought to be a good cell service and last season I got daily pics of coons, then when I hard checked the card bucks, does, etc.

I have two in the mountains where I never get cell service and I routinely get bears and deer; I expect to find coons on the card when I check it.

Setting ExACTLY the same. The inconsistency is very frustrating. I have learned to live with the fact that I will have to check the cards to make sense of the data, but I was hoping with a new baby/newborn that just showed up these cell cams would allow me to be more productive without being there, as well as keep scent down in the coweta area that is overrun with hunters.

Glad you have had success. The new app update is pretty rad, I will say that.

hambone76

I have two in coweta county - where there ought to be a good cell service and last season I got daily pics of coons, then when I hard checked the card bucks, does, etc.

I have two in the mountains where I never get cell service and I routinely get bears and deer; I expect to find coons on the card when I check it.

Setting ExACTLY the same. The inconsistency is very frustrating. I have learned to live with the fact that I will have to check the cards to make sense of the data, but I was hoping with a new baby/newborn that just showed up these cell cams would allow me to be more productive without being there, as well as keep scent down in the coweta area that is overrun with hunters.

Glad you have had success. The new app update is pretty rad, I will say that.
Check the photo transfer frequency, set it to transmit upon each detection and see if that helps. You might want to consider using a 12V power supply if it’s going to take a lot of pictures every day and transmit upon each detection. It will eat batteries like crazy.

splatek

UAEC
Check the photo transfer frequency, set it to transmit upon each detection and see if that helps. You might want to consider using a 12V power supply if it’s going to take a lot of pictures every day and transmit upon each detection. It will eat batteries like crazy.

YEssir, I have thought about using the solar+12V battery, but just haven't gotten around to it.

hambone76

YEssir, I have thought about using the solar+12V battery, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Same here, I am still testing the waters so to speak before I go all in and drop a lot of money on extras.