Getting traps ready !

cj580guitar

Earlier this year a I bought got a swagger an built me a snare making table. I’m gonna start building my Snares and anchors. I’m thinking of making my anchors a tad bit shorter also.

Doug B.

Earlier this year a I bought got a swagger an built me a snare making table. I’m gonna start building my Snares and anchors. I’m thinking of making my anchors a tad bit shorter also.
I have one and have been making my cable stakes and snares and extensions and stuff for a couple of years now. The good thing is you can make whatever you need to fit what you need it for.
You can also use it for other things. I made some cable loops that go in the pins for the weight distribution bars on my camper. All I have to do now is grab the cable loop which is about 4 or 5 inch diameter and pull the pin out. I make tie off cables for my body grip traps and drowning cables for beaver traps. It is a great tool. You do want to order your hardware online though. Very expensive at the big box stores.

cj580guitar

I have one and have been making my cable stakes and snares and extensions and stuff for a couple of years now. The good thing is you can make whatever you need to fit what you need it for.
You can also use it for other things. I made some cable loops that go in the pins for the weight distribution bars on my camper. All I have to do now is grab the cable loop which is about 4 or 5 inch diameter and pull the pin out. I make tie off cables for my body grip traps and drowning cables for beaver traps. It is a great tool. You do want to order your hardware online though. Very expensive at the big box stores.
Yep basically same thing I’ve been doing.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Yep. When you’re bored sometimes look at the price of #2 high quality chain at MTP vs Home Depot which is probably the cheapest kind . Its crazy. I showed it to my dad who uses a fair amount of chain on the farm and he was shocked

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’m looking seriously at making my own cabled wolf fang stakes and when I’m done at a set just cutting them off at the ground. It’s not worth risking further back injury to me I hope I can dig a trap bed ? I’ll only be able to run a few sets anyway

Most of my water sets will be drags or looped cable ends.