Glock 43x or Sig 365x Macro

BBQOutdoors77

I’ve carried a Glock 19 for over twenty years with 13 being on the road. I never once thought if I pulled the trigger it might jam or not fire because it was too dirty, etc…. Reliability is really why I’ve carried Glocks for so long.

Never owned a Sig but I’m reading some great things about the 365x Macro compared to the G43X. For those who’ve owned Sig and Glocks over the years how would you rate them?

Can’t decide on which one to get. I currently carry a regular 43, but six rounds is not enough IMO.

At least I’ve narrowed it down between two instead of four or five :)
Anyway it will be my new EDC planning on a Holosun 507k and a tier1.

Last edited:

Robert28

I’ve never held the 365x or 365xl but had a regular p365. I liked the gun overall but it just was too small for my hands, and I don’t have the largest hands in the world. I probably should have gone with a 43x and still may pick one up eventually, but ended up going with the new shield plus. I’ve held the 43x and it felt great in my hands.

menhadenman

I’ve got maybe 6 or 8 9mms and carry a 43x with the shield arms 15 round mag. Pretty easy swap if the magazine catch and you’re off and running. Game changer if you ask me. But I’ve got some friends that know their stuff and love the 365.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have wanted one myself but more torn between the 320 and 365. With the issues the 320 has had I haven't gone that way. I have a 19 size with the P80. Kinda may same thoughts on the P365...I carry a 43X now. I have a Shield Arms mag but haven't used it. I'm not sure I want to change my mag release to the metal one. They tend to eat up factory mags...kind leaning 10 rd for range and then the 15 rd for carry only. I do carry a spare mag most of the time...might be nice to use it when I don't.

Taking something that is 100% reliable and changing it..:huh:

BBQOutdoors77

I have wanted one myself but more torn between the 320 and 365. With the issues the 320 has had I haven't gone that way. I have a 19 size with the P80. Kinda may same thoughts on the P365...I carry a 43X now. I have a Shield Arms mag but haven't used it. I'm not sure I want to change my mag release to the metal one. They tend to eat up factory mags...kind leaning 10 rd for range and then the 15 rd for carry only. I do carry a spare mag most of the time...might be nice to use it when I don't.

I hear ya
I sure wish Glock would start listening to their customers. Pretty crazy Sig was able to get 17 rounds in the 365x single stack. I heard they just widened it just a hair.

Last edited:

frankwright

I bought a Sig 365 when they first came out. There was a long wait list but I got lucky and got one.
It has been a great gun from day one.
It started as a standard 365, I added the XL grip module because it gives a lot better grip and more bullets.
I later added the Wilson Grip Module which is perfect and finally I had it machined for a Red Dot about six months ago.
It is a great gun and is 100% reliable.
Because of Blue label I bought a 43X later. It was a very nice gun. I never had any problems from it and kept it in my tool box in the garage and then put it on when I was going to the woods. Before I added the Wilson Grip, the 43X felt better in my hand but I still shot the Sig better.
I finally decided I didn't need two almost identical guns so I gave them a test. I carried both, I took them to the range one at a time and side by side.
It was difficult but the Sig won and it is my daily carry and the Glock went to my Stepson who loves it.
Both are great guns, Glock has a huge price advantage if you are a Veteran or First Responder but you will be happy with either.

menhadenman

I was a little worried about the same thing but it’s not too tricky to swap the catch back to factory. I’ve only shot maybe 200 rounds through shield mags and so far so good. Having 15 just felt like a better trade off but agree with the other post I wish the factory just did it to start with.

FlipKing

I used to edc a shield arms mag 43x. Carried well and had 15rds. Only reason I sold it was to get an MR920 WarPoet. I also had a p365 but not a macro. I preferred the 43x but if I was only carrying glock mags w 10 rds, I'd go sig.

trial&error

I love my Sigs. That said their 250 and 320 have had serious performance issues. I hear the 365 is clean and clear. Maybe their problems are getting resolved in their striker fired series. I don't really love my G17, but it has been flawless since day one.

sbroadwell

I’ve had the standard 365 for a couple of years, always with me when I’m out of town. About 2,000 rounds through it, all types of ammo, and not one problem at all.
My hands are average, I reckon, and it fits me fine. I usually have the 12 round magazine in, which makes the grip a little longer, but no problem with the 10 rounders.
The 12 is about as big as I can pocket carry, but I’ve got a spare 15 rounder in another pocket.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

The P365 has proven to be the ultimate pocket pistol for me. 12rds, great sights, super trigger and an easy swap to the Wilson Combat grip module that improves feel. It is leaps and bounds better than the other pocket rockets I've used over the years....at least in my hands.

That being said....I'm usually carrying IWB which opens up the door for a larger gun....sure it may have similar capacity as the P365, but a larger gun, has better "shootability" for me.

The P365XL, 365Macro, etc....are a bit slimmer than the G19 and this may be a great bonus for some. I personally find the Sig P365/P320 triggers to work better for me than the Glocks, but I don't mind the Glock triggers.

The optic, in conjunction with visible fiber optic front & solid rear sights is a great addition. I've just begun carrying a dot equipped gun IWB. So far, so good. P229 w/ Romeo1Pro, Staccato C2 w/ RMR.

I've never tried a pocket carry pistol with an optic...just don't know how it would work for me. I do know for certain that I prefer the full-sized optics vs the smaller micro versions often used on the smaller guns.

Tom1957

Well I owned a glock,but I am a die hard Sig Sauer man. I think the p365 and p365x are the best 9mm I have ever saw. I had 2 p365 and loved them. I just got the p320 Sig Sauer 45 caliber and I love it. Both are great guns, I just like the Sig sooo much better.

Steven037

I’ve carried a Glock 19 or 23 since I was old enough. More than half my life. I recently switched to a sig320 with DPP in a tier one holster. Couldn’t be happier. The Sig just feels better and the trigger feels better. I shoot the the Sig better too.

Attachments

• E0D8E5B6-FF75-43C7-A2E6-C9990D049E10.jpeg
    E0D8E5B6-FF75-43C7-A2E6-C9990D049E10.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 5

Dub

I’ve carried a Glock 19 or 23 since I was old enough. More than half my life. I recently switched to a sig320 with DPP in a tier one holster. Couldn’t be happier. The Sig just feels better and the trigger feels better. I shoot the the Sig better too.

I'm really liking that Leupold DPP on my P320, too.

Bright and clear optic. I prefer the view more than the Trijicon RMR's I'm using on other guns. Bright & clear.

TomC

Glocks JUST WORK. That's all that matters! 43X in a Cooks Kydex is on my nightstand and carries great IWB in the Cooks. Glocks shoot great out the box and if you need a better trigger or something that "feels" better in the hand to shoot better then what you really need is just more time at the range! I do like Sigs, they be prettier, they do feel better when you holding on to them but the ugly GLOCKS always come out on top for me!