GMC HD 3500 tire pressures

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I was blessed to purchase a 2021 gas burner in March. The recommended front tires pressure is 60 psi and the back is 80 psi. Anyone know why?

nc dawg

I guess they think you’re gonna be pullin or haulin some weight all the time..I know for a fact that when you hit bumps/pot holes or ruff pavement at hwy speed with an empty bed and no trailer,the rear end is gonna break loose.. so be prepared
I run 65 psi in all tires then I put 80 psi in em when I pull the tractor or camper or anything heavy..

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
80 psi is for a truck that is expected to be loaded most of the time. I would try 60 all the way around if you aren't pulling

treemanjohn

Banned
Go with what the door days. High load range tires have thicker walls and need the high pressure. Also they're carrying a heavy load just riding around empty

transfixer

I have a 2500hd, and if I'm not towing I usually run 60 in the front, 50 in the rear for a smoother ride,, towing I'll up the rear to 60-65 depending on what I'm towing, some of it depends on what tires you run also, some seem to have stiffer sidewalls than others, you can play around with the pressures to see what gives a decent ride, just watch the wear pattern on the tread, too much air in the rear the whole tread won't contact the road, only about 3/4 of the middle, you want the whole tread pattern meeting the pavement.