Gobbling Reports???

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Gobbles were gettin started in Wilkes this weekend!
Heard 2 or 3 different birds Sat morn and 3 or 4 birds Sun morn

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Wilkes county
Saturday morning I didn't hear a gobble I did hear 2 hens fly down.

Sunday morning I heard 2 birds from the same location. Gobbled hard for about 30 min. Both in the tree and on the ground.

Another club member heard 2 Friday morning. Nothing Saturday. Two guys hooting at each other Sunday.

Swamprat

Swamprat
No time to hunt this morning but quiet down here in my part of the Panhandle, hit 3 spots to listen before work and notta, was cool and overcast so that might have been the cause.

goshenmountainman

My son connected on a big ole bird Sunday morning, he gobbled probably 100 times and I had come almost in shotgun range three times only to turn and strut back to the 14 hens he had, about 10:00 I got the lead hen cranked up and she came in on a mission to fight the intruding hen, she was followed by all the other hens and the tom was coming behind in full strut. Jesse rolled him at thirty yards, had three beards, 9-1/4, 7-3/4, and 6 inches. Had 1-1/2 spurs, weighed 23.4 lbs.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Heck of a bird Goshen and congrats to your son. 23" of total beard plus them spurs and weight he was king of them woods.

Mark K

Banned
Didn’t hear anything this evening, but saw our “tame” gobbler, lol. This bird is either missing some brain cells or just doesn’t care. See him every evening doing a ride through on my trap line.
Today he was strutting out in a little field all by himself. When he finally heard the truck he broke strut and raised his head, saw it was me and went back to strutting. I could’ve already shot him half a dozen times from the truck. If he’s in cover he’ll just duck his head and pick it up every now and then to see if I’m gone. He has a buddy and they both watched me from about 75 yards while I remade a set last week.
If my DIL doesn’t kill him this weekend I’m disowning her!!

Turkeytider

Whitesburg area this A.M.
My Son and I listened to one lone bird in Coweta Co that was hammering away while on the roost.
My son connected on a big ole bird Sunday morning, he gobbled probably 100 times and I had come almost in shotgun range three times only to turn and strut back to the 14 hens he had, about 10:00 I got the lead hen cranked up and she came in on a mission to fight the intruding hen, she was followed by all the other hens and the tom was coming behind in full strut. Jesse rolled him at thirty yards, had three beards, 9-1/4, 7-3/4, and 6 inches. Had 1-1/2 spurs, weighed 23.4 lbs.

Yeah, that's a big wild turkey. I wonder how old? Not your typical 2 year old, that's for sure.

baddave

been going to my place in taliaferro on a purty regular basis and i ain't heard nothin yet.. maybe too much activity lately w/ my little land clearing project.. haven't heard anything at the house here in Henry either lately .. i was, but not lately.. whatever , it's fishing time

CuttinNrunnin

Walker CO.
Last week it seemed like they were getting ready but I think these sub freezing morning temps have pushed them back recently.
Heard one gobbler going pretty good on the roost but that's it despite checking several locations with known birds. They've also not been using fields as much the last few days.
I suspect the weather this weekend will get things going nicely.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
That's a dern big bird man WOW congrats to y'all!!

deast1988

Buddy heard 1 today 1 pm fired up to a boss hen.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Hit a spot close to house after work....got two hens fired up but no gobbler unless he stayed silent and hung in the woods. Had one of the hens step out into the pasture briefly 100-125 yards away to investigate.

Coop

Was listening this morning in Johnson Cty at the ponderosa and was so cold my face started to hurt. Ready for warmer weather! Nary a gobble but about 9:30 saw a big momma hen with several smaller hens frolicking in the front yard. One tiny poult about the size of a football was bringing up the rear - figured they would have been much bigger by now. Maybe this was the runt or a late hatch?

image.jpeg