Gobbling Reports???

Mark K

Banned
Went yesterday evening to roost. My bird was a no show. My son text at 1951and said he heard his first gobble. I ended up hooking up with him and they would gobble at an owl hooter. Had a group sorta west of us and a loner North.
He went back this morning with a buddy and they gobbled real good...for jakes, lol. 6 jakes. Had one lone gobbler that gobbled a few times on the limb, then let it rip once he hit the ground.
My DIL and I heard 1 way way off.

baddave

i finally went to taliaferro , i believe it was tues. got there about 7:30.. to my surprise i heard a gobble .. i think there was 2-3 gobblers but mainly 1 doing most of the gobbling.gobbled maybe 20 times. did hear the hens and had 1 hen walk up w/in 10 yds and sounded terrible .i was wishing i had gone planning on staying

Swamprat

Swamprat
Near Swainsboro. Pretty quiet. Heard one bird ( I think just one ) at great distance. Just can't seem to be in the right place at the right time.

My BIL was up at our family property outside of Swainsboro last weekend. Had 3 longbeards fired up on the roost and for 1/2 hour or so on the ground but no takers.

Called in several jakes but the longbeards would hang up 70 yards plus.

Wayne D Davis

Had one gobbler hammering this a.m. at Pine log..... started roughly 100 yards from me.... last I heard had to be a mile away

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Last 4 mornings until 11. 2 afternoons. 0 gobbles in W. Ga. Flock broke up and everybody has a gf but me. Multiple mature birds on cam last week. Better days ahead. The woods are even quiet. Crows, owls, woodpeckers, 0 whippoorwills.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Every time I go out on my porch this morning I hear one. Started before daylight, still going.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve heard 2-3 gobblers every time out right after day break, then it gets quiet. I figure they have to be with hens.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Hammering good early in Troup this morning

sowgabuckstalker

Had been quiet until yesterday morning at my primary spot (yesterday was my 5th time hunting this season) and they gobbled their heads off from daylight until about 10 am.

Jwyattc

They were hammering all morning yesterday in ware county. All the way until 11 am, saw a lot of birds killed.