God’s Got This

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Kill him is an extreme analogy for something human to something spiritual.

If this “spiritual” thing exist, our flesh / body isn’t what’s important anyway is it? It’s supposed to be our soul that will spend eternity somewhere that it’s ultimately wanting to salvage?
Sinners dont go to heaven Spotlite

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
"Casualties of war"?
According to the stories you believe, the god you worship drowned EVERYTHING but a boat full of animals and 8 people. Nobody outside of a few hundred miles ever even heard of Yahweh and he drowned them anyway according to the stories. There was no war. He looked into everyone's hearts and drowned them anyway.
Sick and twisted entity. You can have him and put up with his psychopath ways. You can make all the excuses to justify his actions in the book you use.
I am glad that you are courageous enough to admit it.
Casualties of war is just a generalization statement to describe innocent victims. Nothing more was intended for the description, especially to state it was a war. It actually agreed with what you were saying about those that were not wicked. ?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Sinners dont go to heaven Spotlite
I’m not putting them anywhere except the hands of God. I don’t get to decide where they go. You’re leaning towards them being in the burn pit.

If all this is real, according to the story that was before the cross. Salvation before and after the cross are not the same. It really doesn’t matter if it’s true or not for the point I’m making, what’s important is just what I said. Don’t determine where they went before the cross, based on the requirements of what’s laid out as a plan of salvation after the cross.
The story said he was a just God. All you and I can do is believe that, or not.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I’m not putting them anywhere except the hands of God. I don’t get to decide where they go. You’re leaning towards them being in the burn pit.

If all this is real, according to the story that was before the cross. Salvation before and after the cross are not the same. It really doesn’t matter if it’s true or not for the point I’m making, what’s important is just what I said. Don’t determine where they went before the cross, based on the requirements of what’s laid out as a plan of salvation after the cross.
The story said he was a just God. All you and I can do is believe that, or not.
Actions speak louder than words.
All we have to go on is what the stories say happened, not what may happen later, not what might happen, not what or where all the murdered who have been dead and nobody knows where they are but may end up in a better place after a 2nd coming.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
All we have to go on is what the stories say happened, not what may happen later, not what might happen, not what or where all the murdered who have been dead and nobody knows where they are but may end up in a better place after a 2nd coming.
Here we go again

Attachments

• ED2E6746-DC20-47D2-8298-BC57B4164F22.jpeg
    ED2E6746-DC20-47D2-8298-BC57B4164F22.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’m not trying to prove anything . Just stating that you’re analyzing two eras of time and using only one to guess at the punishment / reward for another.

WaltL1

Hey WADDAMS!
I noticed you had a post in one of the Firearms forums.
I don't know if you've seen it but we have a thread here titled "Besides the Bible" that might interest you and maybe want to contribute to.
Sorry for the interruption and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I’m not trying to prove anything . Just stating that you’re analyzing two eras of time and using only one to guess at the punishment / reward for another.
I'm only using one area of reality.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm only using one area of reality.
On a different note of “reality” but on topic of the thread - y’all keep yourselves safe during this outbreak.

Fortunately, we work from home 40% of the time, on the road 60% so I’m off the road for at least two weeks to catch up. But, there are those that will be affected financially. And, fortunately I have a ton of meat / vegetables, but I’m already running into folks that didn’t make it to the store in time to get enough supplies.

Whatever you do for prayer, good luck, vibes, best wishes, just keep these that are in need now, and those that will face some hard financial times in mind.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
On a different note of “reality” but on topic of the thread - y’all keep yourselves safe during this outbreak.

Fortunately, we work from home 40% of the time, on the road 60% so I’m off the road for at least two weeks to catch up. But, there are those that will be affected financially. And, fortunately I have a ton of meat / vegetables, but I’m already running into folks that didn’t make it to the store in time to get enough supplies.

Whatever you do for prayer, good luck, vibes, best wishes, just keep these that are in need now, and those that will face some hard financial times in mind.
Thank you. Stay safe. Stay Healthy. And help your neighbors.
Best of health to all.

Baroque Brass

The preacher said it. Sunday morning, my wife was streaming the church service and referring to the virus, the preacher said we don’t need to worry because God’s got this. I wonder how the families of the victims of Corona virus feel about that statement.

Israel

BANNED
"Who knows O wife whether thou shalt save thy husband?"

Are you asking if some things are more easily said with (possibly yet) no appearance of skin in the game?

My wife is a believer, and she's got more skin in the game than most anyone I know...she remains married without complaint to me.

Is your wife a believer, too?

Last edited:

Juan De

Just read up on this thread. So I have a thought to present and I ll start with a question. This is directed in the direction of those that say there isn’t a God. If you are married or have a girl friend you want them to love you why? Not trying to stir up anything but for me to illustrate a point I must begin with this question.

Baroque Brass

Just read up on this thread. So I have a thought to present and I ll start with a question. This is directed in the direction of those that say there isn’t a God. If you are married or have a girl friend you want them to love you why? Not trying to stir up anything but for me to illustrate a point I must begin with this question.
Why do we want our spouse or significant other to love us? Isn’t love for each other the foundation of a relationship?

Juan De

It’s a choice because it’s what they want to do not something to have to do. Every one can think of a time in there life when they had to do something and it was something that was forced and you didn’t have a choice / heart not in it. If our spouses had to be with us because they had 2 instead of wanted and chose to it wouldn’t be as special or mean anything. The Bible says that no signs will be given. The church is also referred to as the bride of Christ. God wants to be loved by all, but not because people have 2 but because you want 2. If there was no choice you would be a slave more or less. I am one of the worst people to ever live, Jesus changed my life, so He can for anyone.

gemcgrew

The preacher said it. Sunday morning, my wife was streaming the church service and referring to the virus, the preacher said we don’t need to worry because God’s got this. I wonder how the families of the victims of Corona virus feel about that statement.
How they feel about that statement is up to God as well.

The vast majority of professing "Christians" don't believe that God controls anything. But what they don't believe is also God's doing.

Baroque Brass

How they feel about that statement is up to God as well.

The vast majority of professing "Christians" don't believe that God controls anything. But what they don't believe is also God's doing.
Then why do so many churches and so many Christians say God is in control? Soon after the coast of Japan was devastated by a massive tsunami, killing approximately 10,000 people and destroying a nuclear power plant which released radiation, I saw a church with GOD IS IN CONTROL on the sign by the road. I’d guess all those Japanese people would like to know why god sent a tsunami to wreak so much havoc.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
People, preachers, church goers, non believers, etc., will all have their own little sayings / opinions about this virus and anything else that this world encounters - their view of God (for or against) isn’t changing because of the virus, either.

To read a Bible that plainly states it rains on the just and unjust.......

Bottom line with most “religious” statements / beliefs is to be aware and reject the fear. Be wise, but no need in panicking.

I’m being smart about it, but I’m not stocking up toilet tissue and glued to the news worrying........

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Then why do so many churches and so many Christians say God is in control? Soon after the coast of Japan was devastated by a massive tsunami, killing approximately 10,000 people and destroying a nuclear power plant which released radiation, I saw a church with GOD IS IN CONTROL on the sign by the road. I’d guess all those Japanese people would like to know why god sent a tsunami to wreak so much havoc.
If you believe in God, how can one think he’s not in control? Just read the story of Job.

Israel

BANNED

Why would you guess that?

Latest posts