God Does Not Predestinate Any Particular Person To Be Saved Or Lost

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
So, your saying you have faith then but just don't do anything for God, James put it this way "shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."(Jas. 2:18).
"But wilt thou know O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (Jas. 2:20).

Grace cannot guarantee eternal life to the saved who commit sin and die (Ezek. 18:4; Rom. 8:12-13; James 5:19, 20; Gal. 5:19-21; 6:7, 8).
Grace cannot guarantee unconditional eternal security to anyone (Heb. 10:26-29; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; Ezek. 18:4; 33:12-20; Gal. 5:16-26).
Likewise works won’t get you there. Donate to the charities and church. Work on every committee in the church, without grace you split it wide open.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

We are imperfect and will sin. For a man to sit in judgement that I “backslid” I think not, I will trust my Lord and savior.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So, you're saying that you're going to Heaven because you did something for God?

Everything that I do serves God's purpose.
Were you born “saved”?

The very first sermon preached about salvation was in Acts - repentance is a work.

So is preaching, witnessing, studying, etc. That’s not salvation but faith without works is dead - period.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In a way, yes. God foresaw that I would accept His son as the Messiah before I was ever born. God made sure I lived until my effectual calling.
So a door wasn’t set before you to chose life or death, it was a signed deal for you?

Art, my point is you can believe / have faith all you want but if you don’t ever call on the name of the Lord, what good has it done you? You’re not “working” for salvation, you’re just doing what He said do.

How full does a hungry man get if you tell him to be full and don’t give him bread?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Was I chosen in Christ before I existed within creation, that I should be holy and without blame before him in love? Eph 1:4

We’re all chosen, no man is an island of his own and selective atonement isn’t biblical. John 12 says a man can reject and not receive His words.

I don’t believe you were born saved. Biblically, Jesus is the only one that wasn’t born in sin.

Artfuldodger

We’re all chosen, no man is an island of his own and selective atonement isn’t biblical. John 12 says a man can reject and not receive His words.

I don’t believe you were born saved. Biblically, Jesus is the only one that wasn’t born in sin.
Wait a minute, did Jesus, being a man, not have free will?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Wait a minute, did Jesus, being a man, not have free will?
Jesus had a Will. And He said not His Will be done. He was our example.

Remember - the spirit and the flesh are contrary one to the other. If you’re in one, you’re not in the other. The spirit certainly isn’t in adultery.

gemcgrew

We’re all chosen
Yes, some to be in Christ and some not to be.
selective atonement isn’t biblical.
Of course it is. Christ atoned for the sins of His people.
John 12 says a man can reject and not receive His words.
And John 12 tells us why he has to reject.
I don’t believe you were born saved.
I didn't believe it either until it pleased God to reveal His Son in me. The Son was already there, unbeknownst to me.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
A plan was laid out…..

You gotta understand what Grace is first. Folks keep saying they’re saved by Grace as if it’s a God itself.

Grace is God giving you something you don’t deserve. Unless you were born a Jew there was no way for you to make it in without the sacrifice of Jesus.

Through the blood of Jesus all of us Gentiles can now partake - that’s Grace and it was first preached in Acts - repentance. Read up on the Rock and the keys to the kingdom. That’s not Peter the man, either.

You ain’t saved under nothing prior to Jesus.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yes, God's plan of salvation, His work... all of it.

Christ is the end of repentance and it was first preached in Genesis - Grace.

Because there is nothing prior to Jesus.
Nothing before Jesus……..but you’re saved by Grace starting in Genesis way before the arrival of Jesus……..how’d you get to the Father without Jesus??:wink:

Since technically is a must - after the crucifixion of Jesus, “how” to be saved was first preached in Acts.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

A plan was laid out…..

You gotta understand what Grace is first. Folks keep saying they’re saved by Grace as if it’s a God itself.

Grace is God giving you something you don’t deserve. Unless you were born a Jew there was no way for you to make it in without the sacrifice of Jesus.

Through the blood of Jesus all of us Gentiles can now partake - that’s Grace and it was first preached in Acts - repentance. Read up on the Rock and the keys to the kingdom. That’s not Peter the man, either.

You ain’t saved under nothing prior to Jesus.
Ephesians 2:12-13
You lived in this world without God and without hope. But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.

How were the Jews saved before God's grace given in the form of His son hanging on the Cross?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You lived in this world without God and without hope. But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.

How were the Jews saved before God's grace given in the form of His son hanging on the Cross?
I’m pretty sure Gem isn’t a Jew, he’s a Gentile. Gentiles didn’t have a path until Jesus.

The Hews took their lambs, etc. to a high priest at the Temple. Sone sins could not be stoned that way. And Gentiles were left out.

BanjoPicker

Was I chosen in Christ before I existed within creation, that I should be holy and without blame before him in love? Eph 1:4

Do you even read the Old Testament? That there was grace manifested by God in all the ages cannot be disputed.