God Is Omnipresent

Thread starter #1
God is not universal nothingness floating around in nowhere. He is not impersonal, immaterial, intangible--an unreal person. He is not a universal mind, soul, spirit, conscience, goodness, principle--and abstract power or force filling the whole of space and solid matter, as false cults teach. He is not omni--body; that is, His body is not everywhere at all places at the same time. It is just as visible, tangible, and material as the bodies of all other spirit beings. Even resurrected bodies of flesh -and-bone saints are called "spiritual" ( 1 Cor. 15:44 ), so spiritual bodies are of materialized, spiritualized substance--something we know nothing about as far as experience is concerned at the present time. Furthermore, the soul and spirit or the inner man is just as spiritual as God and angels. The inner man out of the body , which is the outer man, is a spiritual body itself and has been seen with bodily parts to correspond with those of the outer man. The inner man or spiritual part of one person after leaving the physical body, has been seen by another such spiritual part, as being fully conscious, capable of wearing clothes, and being carried by other spirit beings into material places of either rest and comfort, or torment ( Lk. 16:19-31; Eph. 4:8; Heb. 12:22-23; Rev. 6:9-11 ).

Where does this "inner man" spirit go once it leaves his dead corpse to wait for his resurrected body of flesh -and-bone?
When does the inner man spirit, after leaving the outer man, re-enter the outer man?
If the inner spirit can be seen in body form, why does he need to ever re-enter his outer body?

Thread starter #3
Where does this "inner man" spirit go once it leaves his dead corpse to wait for his resurrected body of flesh -and-bone?
When does the inner man spirit, after leaving the outer man, re-enter the outer man?
If the inner spirit can be seen in body form, why does he need to ever re-enter his outer body?
1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. By this meant the body will become of immortal substance. It has no reference to becoming immaterial, intangible, and without flesh and bones, for our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, though not flesh and blood. see Lk. 24:39; Phil. 3:21. Spirit bodies are as real as can be, but of a higher substance than natural bodies. God and angels have spirit bodies and yet they are real tangible and materialized bodies, as proved by hundreds of passages describing them and many personal acts.

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Thread starter #4
Each member of the Divine Trinity has His own personal spirit body, His own soul with all the soul feelings of other beings, and His own personal spirit with all spirit attributes and powers that other spirits of persons have. This is proved by the bodily presence of God to men. and by the many spirit faculties God has. Angels and all other kinds of spirits have also been seen with natural eyes of men; and the many hundreds of facts about them, all spirit beings have bodies, souls, and spirits, as men have. the only difference between men and spirits is that men have earthly, and "flesh and blood and bone" bodies whereas spirit beings have spirit bodies which are not mortal and fleshly like the bodies of men.

Madman

Each member of the Divine Trinity has His own personal spirit body, His own soul with all the soul feelings of other beings, and His own personal spirit with all spirit attributes and powers that other spirits of persons have. This is proved by the bodily presence of God to men. and by the many spirit faculties God has. Angels and all other kinds of spirits have also been seen with natural eyes of men; and the many hundreds of facts about them, all spirit beings have bodies, souls, and spirits, as men have. the only difference between men and spirits is that men have earthly, and "flesh and blood and bone" bodies whereas spirit beings have spirit bodies which are not mortal and fleshly like the bodies of men.
Please help me understand “spirit bodies”. Does Jesus currently have a “spirit body”?

Israel

The mention of God residing on a planet called Heaven,

God's goes from place to place in a body like any one else ( Gen. 3:8; 11:5; 18:1-22, 33; 19:24; 32:24-32; 35:13; Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:13 ). He is omni-present, but not omni-body, that is, His presence can be felt everywhere but His body cannot. He wears clothes ( Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-19 ); eats ( Gen. 18:1-22; Exodus 24:11 ); rests, not because he gets tired, but because he ceases activity or completes a work 9Gen. 2:1-4; Heb. 4:4 ); dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven ( John 14:1-3; Heb. 11:10-16; 13:14; Rev. 3:12; 21:1-27 );
and a few other references cause me to think you are making a pitch for a specific religion and that HQ'd in Salt Lake City.

You also asked in the matter of casting lots vs. voting what sort was exercised in "my" church. Interesting view of expression. Sounds very much like simply another religion of man seeking legitimacy. There are popes and Popes, saints and Saints, elections from ballots and another sort where election is only revealed. And although may concede to man's endorsing, is not in any way dependent upon it.

The religious will continue, and without doubt "new" ones will be popping up right up to the end just as Jesus has spoken...as things continue very much as in the days of both Lot and Noah...

None of these are eternal nor offer any hope in their proffer of choice by preference when coverings of stones and even "grandiose" mountains are sought against the revelation of the face of Him who sits upon the throne.

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.

Thread starter #8
Spirit beings including God, Himself, cannot be omnipresent in body for their bodies are of ordinary size and must be at one place at a time, in the same way that bodies of men are always localized, being in one place at a time. God, angels, and other spirit beings go from place to place bodily as men do; but their presence can be any place in the universe--wherever there are other persons who also have the sense of presence enough to feel the presence of others regardless of bodily distance between them. Christ is a true example of what we mean by omnipresence. He said, "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" ( Matt. 18:20 ). In what sense is He in the midst of so many gatherings ? This could not mean that He is bodily present, for His body is in heaven seated at the right hand of God, as Scriptures declare ( Psa. 110:1, 5; Mk. 16:19; Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3 ).

Thread starter #9
Please help me understand “spirit bodies”. Does Jesus currently have a “spirit body”?
That Jesus has scars on his hands and feet demonstrate, that He still has a flesh and bone body as was demonstrated to Thomas and all the disciples ( Luke 24:39 ; and 24:43 where he did eat with them I would have to believe he had one of flesh and bone.

That Jesus has scars on his hands and feet demonstrate, that He still has a flesh and bone body as was demonstrated to Thomas and all the disciples ( Luke 24:39 ; and 24:43 where he did eat with them I would have to believe he had one of flesh and bone.
I think what people are asking though is; This body that Jesus resurrected in, is is spirit?
I would agree it does get complicated, if Jesus is at the right hand of God and Jesus is in bodily form, one would think that God would also be in body form as well. That could be a spiritual body form, otherwise how will we see him? I really don't see how the Holy Spirit, which by nature is spirit, could have a body form. It is God's spirit and thus could appear in any form. Body, bush, or animal.

When we all get to Heaven, after the resurrection, or Heaven on earth or Heaven on another planet, it does seem odd that everyone will be in a body except God. Then we will be able to see him on a throne with Jesus next to him. All of us in these new bodies or spiritual bodies but God doesn't have one.

The mention of God residing on a planet called Heaven,

and a few other references cause me to think you are making a pitch for a specific religion and that HQ'd in Salt Lake City.

You also asked in the matter of casting lots vs. voting what sort was exercised in "my" church. Interesting view of expression. Sounds very much like simply another religion of man seeking legitimacy. There are popes and Popes, saints and Saints, elections from ballots and another sort where election is only revealed. And although may concede to man's endorsing, is not in any way dependent upon it.

The religious will continue, and without doubt "new" ones will be popping up right up to the end just as Jesus has spoken...as things continue very much as in the days of both Lot and Noah...

None of these are eternal nor offer any hope in their proffer of choice by preference when coverings of stones and even "grandiose" mountains are sought against the revelation of the face of Him who sits upon the throne.

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
The OP says "Each member of the Divine Trinity has His own personal spirit body."
The LDS Church says "the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit."

I don't think the LDS teach that The Holy Spirit has a body, just God & Jesus. They do teach that the Holy Spirit personage can manifest himself in human form. That's a lot different than Incranation. Incranation teaches that only God and Jesus have spiritual bodies.

INCRANATION, means a person assuming a body which he takes as his very own, dwelling inside that body and not existing in any sense outside the body which he has taken to dwell in (Ps. 40:6-10; Heb. 10:5-10).

FATHER AND SON. A father is one who has begotten or brought into existence a child. A son is the one who is begotten by the father. It requires two separate persons to be a father and a son. They could in no sense be one person, but could be one in unity, as any two persons can be.

1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. By this meant the body will become of immortal substance. It has no reference to becoming immaterial, intangible, and without flesh and bones, for our resurrected bodies will still be flesh and bone, though not flesh and blood. see Lk. 24:39; Phil. 3:21. Spirit bodies are as real as can be, but of a higher substance than natural bodies. God and angels have spirit bodies and yet they are real tangible and materialized bodies, as proved by hundreds of passages describing them and many personal acts.

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
I understand all of this but my question begs for a simple answer.
Where does my spirit go upon my mortal death, to await my resurrection? Where in the spiritual realm does it await?
Does my spirit assume a spiritual body in the spiritual realm while it waits for my own resurrection?

I was looking for an answer like: the grave, heaven, Abraham's Bosom, another place all together?

Last edited:
Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have. We do know that Jesus was also man. I'm assuming this is why his spirit body is fleshy unlike God's spiritual body and the Holy Spirit's spiritual body.

Isn't it odd that the unity and oneness of one God has three separate parts, each with it's own spirit and body? Each with it's own soul? I can see Jesus this way as he was also a man. But God having a separate body & spirit from His own spirit(Holy Spirit)?

I'd hate to think my spirit has it's own spirit & soul much less it's own spiritual body.

Thread starter #15
Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have. We do know that Jesus was also man. I'm assuming this is why his spirit body is fleshy unlike God's spiritual body and the Holy Spirit's spiritual body.

Isn't it odd that the unity and oneness of one God has three separate parts, each with it's own spirit and body? Each with it's own soul? I can see Jesus this way as he was also a man. But God having a separate body & spirit from His own spirit(Holy Spirit)?

I'd hate to think my spirit has it's own spirit & soul much less it's own spiritual body.
Art look up the meaning of body what it is, and soul what it is, and spirit what it is no one can make these be the same meaning.

Thread starter #16
When we all get to Heaven, after the resurrection, or Heaven on earth or Heaven on another planet, it does seem odd that everyone will be in a body except God. Then we will be able to see him on a throne with Jesus next to him. All of us in these new bodies or spiritual bodies but God doesn't have one.
What does the Bible say God made man of HIS WHAT OWN _______? so He would have to have a body.

Thread starter #17
God personally dwells in Heaven, not everywhere. Jesus addressed His Father and referred to Him as being in Heaven. Eighteen times He said, "Father which is in heaven (Matt. 5:16, 45, 48; 6:1, 9; 7:11, 21 ). Shall we conclude that Jesus did not know what He was talking about? Not one time does one Scripture refer to God as being bodily everywhere. God is omni-present but not omni-body, that is His presence can be felt by moral agents who are everywhere, but His body cannot be seen by them every place at the same time. God has a body and goes from place to place like anybody else.
Presence is governed by relationship, not bodily sight. When the body of anyone is not literally present, one cannot say that it is present. The presence of two persons may be felt though thousands of miles may separate them bodily. In such a case presence consists of union, relationship, memory, acquaintance, and association to the same end in life. The closer two persons are to each other in any relationship, the more they feel each other's presence in the thought life. So it is with God. God dwells in Heaven and persons on Earth that know Him and are in union with Him in spirit can feel His presence in their lives regardless of where they are on the Earth or under the Earth.

Isn't it odd that the unity and oneness of one God has three separate parts, each with it's own spirit and body? Each with it's own soul?
I can think of a whole list of words to go with "odd", with Tritheism at the head of that list.

Thread starter #19
This is what is meant by statements men use to prove that God personally fills the whole of all space and matter. In ps. 139:7 the psalmist said "whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? God said to Jeremiah, "Do not I fill the heaven and earth?" ( Jer. 23:23-24 ). Paul said, "In him we live, and move, and have our being" ( Acts 17:27-28 ).
We must understand all like passages as teaching the omnipresence of God, but not the omnibody of God. while I write I feel the presence of my wife and children who are hundreds of miles away, they are in my thoughts, my plans, my life, and all that I do. I do nothing without them, yet they are far away, I experience the thrill of having them with me. They are here in spirit and presence, planning with me and we are working together to the same end in life. This presence is constant though distance separates bodily at times. I don't feel the presence of other families I have never met and to which there is no union whatsoever. If I would become acquainted and closely associated with someone whom I do not now know, I could likewise feel their presence, even though we were some times separated bodily. Thus, presence is governed by relationship, not bodily contact only. Man has the same faculty that God has to make his presence felt by others, only it is on a finite scale. God's attribute of presence is infinite, but it works literally on the same principle as that of man. It is governed by relationship and knowledge as well as bodily sight.

I think most people believe God's spirit is everywhere but his persona, or being is in Heaven. I don't think there is really a good way to explain that. God sitting on a throne with Jesus next to him, yet God is everywhere?
Isn't God's spirit in me?