God is our Savior.

Artfuldodger

Not to take over another thread but the subject came up as to who is our Savior, God the Father or the Son that God the Father sent?

There are actually verses that say God the Father is our savior and verses that say Jesus the Son is the savior. I guess the easy way out or easy answer is to say they are one in the same but does the Trinity allow that answer? Why have verses saying it's God and verses saying it's Jesus if it's the same persona? Besides that would be more of a Oneness belief if Jesus and God are the same persona.

First and foremost I would say that God is our savior and he provided his Son as the avenue of our salvation.

For God so love the world he gave us his Son.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

God is our Savior by being the head of Christ.

2 Kings 13:5
The LORD provided a deliverer for Israel, and they escaped from the power of Aram. So the Israelites lived in their own homes as they had before.

God provided a savior.

Hosea 13:4
"I have been the LORD your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no God but me, for there is no other savior.

Regardless of the avenue of salvation or what human is that avenue, the actual salvation is from God, this God is the savior.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

No other savior, not even Jesus the Son. He is only the means. Jesus is the way to God's salvation.

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

God sent his Son. The almighty God, the Father.

1 John 4:14
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

The Father, God Almighty sent his Son to be the Savior. This makes the Father the savior. The Son was God's way to provide salvation.

Acts 13:23
"From this man's descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

It's amazing when you really think about it. God delivers his promised salvation.

It is truly "all" from God.

Artfuldodger

Another way to look at it is God chose Jesus. God chose his agent. God gave us his Son. God sent his Son. God is the "head" of Christ.
God provided the means. God provided the way.

The Father says if you believe that I provided the means of salvation "through my Son," then you shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

I think it's the unity that throws us for a loop. We can't explain that unity. Agents, burning bushes, various saviors, the Potter, God sending his Son, the prophets, the life guard, the doctor, the war hero, God's Spirit, etc. We can't fathom that it is "all" from God. That God is indeed our savior who provided his son as an agent for our salvation.

When you really think about it, God provided his son as that agent. God almighty the Father. God, the head of Christ.

Artfuldodger

The diversity of God doesn't fractionalize his unity. It just shows his power and unity. One could limit God to being three or a hundred but in the end he is everything and all but still only "one."

He is our savior. He is the alpha and omega. He provides the end and the means.

gordon 2

A)
God is the Father of Isreal. He says so... " for I am a father to Israel," Jeremiah 31 8-9

B) God is the son...

I john 23No one who denies the Son can have the Father; whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well. 24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father.
----------

Now what is heard from the beginning is God's love... which is our comfort from the Father which is the Holy Spirit. God's love cannot be separated from his spirit and therefore his spirit is Him (God), therefore the Holy Spirit is God.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

A)
God is the Father of Isreal. He says so... " for I am a father to Israel," Jeremiah 31 8-9

B) God is the son...

I john 23No one who denies the Son can have the Father; whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well. 24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father.
----------

Now what is heard from the beginning is God's love... which is our comfort from the Father which is the Holy Spirit. God's love cannot be separated from his spirit and therefore his spirit is Him (God), therefore the Holy Spirit is God.

God may be the Son but is the Father the Son? Who is God that sent his Son? Who is God that is the head of Christ? Whose plan was it, the Father or the Son considering who sent the Son? I'm not separating God, the Trinity is. God is one.

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Jesus was given this name from his Father. He is the salvation route. His name implies salvation through him from God. No other name given to mankind. He is the only way to receive God's salvation.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

A)

B) God is the son...

----------

If I can't see it completely and you can't see it completely, then how do we know until the fullness comes?

I John 23 No one who denies the Son can have the Father; whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.

This verse shows some type of diversity and some type of unity. Is it wrong to want both? I want the Father and Son. I yearn to see both. I want to see God the Father and his Son that he sent as the agent for our salvation.

“But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

Those two, personas, entities, whatever, I want both. I don't care if one is God, both are God, one is God and the other only human, they are one in unity only, they are two by diversity only, or whatever. Again what about the Holy Spirit?

It's only a partial knowledge but I think that when we see Jesus as he is and become like him the unity will be overwhelming. We'll be such a part of it that the knowledge we have now will be silly.

We may experience what Jesus said he had with his Father that he wished the disciples could experience.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

John 17:2
For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

This is Jesus speaking to his Father. The eternal life is from God.

John 3:35
The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.