God's masterpiece in the mirror

StriperAddict

Your season doesn’t change your value. Nothing can change your worth. I love to paint pictures for people with my words, but right now I actually want to talk about a painted picture, the Mona Lisa.

There is so much value in the Mona Lisa. I tried to research the worth of the painting, and it is infinite; there’s no number that can truly amount to its worth. It sits in a perfectly secure place in a museum. But if you were to take that same infinite-valued Mona Lisa painting out of the museum and place it in a broken-down shack in the middle of nowhere, that wouldn’t change the value. Whether it’s in the museum or in a shack, its value stays the same.

That’s also you! You are God’s masterpiece (see Ephesians 2:10). You might go through difficult trials in life or situations you can’t fathom or explain, but it doesn’t change your worth or value in God’s eyes. The sacrifice has already been made. Jesus has already died the death. Your value is in place, and it cannot be stripped away from you or changed by what you do.

You may go through the difficult seasons. One day life seems so amazing and great. You feel like you’re in the museum of glory and everyone is looking at you in amazement, celebrating you and loving your life. Other days you feel like you’re in the shack, all alone with no one seeing you. You feel like you don’t matter. But even in that moment your value remains. You are precious. You are called. You are anointed for great things. You are royalty. You carry infinite value.

Freedom: How I Found Freedom In The Midst of Depression, Anxiety And Pain
Will Gutierrrez

StriperAddict

“Affirmation never puffs up the believer. Instead, it humbles, and causes them to want to do more of what they’ve been affirmed for, in the setting that did the affirming.”

~ John Lynch by way of Bill Thrall

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Your season doesn’t change your value. Nothing can change your worth. I love to paint pictures for people with my words, but right now I actually want to talk about a painted picture, the Mona Lisa.

There is so much value in the Mona Lisa. I tried to research the worth of the painting, and it is infinite; there’s no number that can truly amount to its worth. It sits in a perfectly secure place in a museum. But if you were to take that same infinite-valued Mona Lisa painting out of the museum and place it in a broken-down shack in the middle of nowhere, that wouldn’t change the value. Whether it’s in the museum or in a shack, its value stays the same.

That’s also you! You are God’s masterpiece (see Ephesians 2:10). You might go through difficult trials in life or situations you can’t fathom or explain, but it doesn’t change your worth or value in God’s eyes. The sacrifice has already been made. Jesus has already died the death. Your value is in place, and it cannot be stripped away from you or changed by what you do.

You may go through the difficult seasons. One day life seems so amazing and great. You feel like you’re in the museum of glory and everyone is looking at you in amazement, celebrating you and loving your life. Other days you feel like you’re in the shack, all alone with no one seeing you. You feel like you don’t matter. But even in that moment your value remains. You are precious. You are called. You are anointed for great things. You are royalty. You carry infinite value.

Freedom: How I Found Freedom In The Midst of Depression, Anxiety And Pain
Will Gutierrrez

Good stuff Brother. Good stuff.

Israel

BANNED
Are we talking about the same Mona?

Attachments

• moname.jpg
    moname.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3

gordon 2

The reason the ML got noticed and got especially famous is because it was stolen if I recall. If it had not been stolen no one would have paid attention to it more than a million other master pieces.

A few folk paintings from a known folk artist were put to "action" a few weeks ago. They were in a family home and family needed to have them sold. The family was expecting perhaps a $1000.00 each for all four at action. That was the value of the paintings in their homes according to their estimates. The collectors at auction offered up $20,000 each to the surprise of the family.

The worth of a good heart somehow has ill reasoning when compared to the bids of monetary units regards coveting values. Hey, but that's just me sayin that--and might just be worth less than someone else's .05 cents.

StriperAddict

Ok, for clarification.
I doubt the OP had any relational ties to money when discussing "value", a heart thing. It was just used as an illustration. Just as Christ discussed the widow's mite, it wasn't about the coins deposited, but the message of the heart. Like the Mona Lisa in a shotgun shack, her value is not diminished by poor surroundings.

Neither is our own worth to Abba Father dimmed in poor circumstances.
That's the skinny. Delve into the grits as you wish. ;)

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Ok, for clarification.
I doubt the OP had any relational ties to money when discussing "value", a heart thing. It was just used as an illustration. Just as Christ discussed the widow's mite, it wasn't about the coins deposited, but the message of the heart. Like the Mona Lisa in a shotgun shack, her value is not diminished by poor surroundings.

Neither is our own worth to Abba Father dimmed in poor circumstances.
That's the skinny. Delve into the grits as you wish. ;)

I think most who read it, got it. Most.