God's Salvation plan?

gemcgrew

So if he has already selected the elite what purpose would he have to show his wrath?
To make his power known and to make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory. (See Romans 9)

If they are already chosen then they are already going to do what he wants and be what he wants. No need to scare them into it.
They are already chosen and going to do what He wants and be what He wants. He wants to scare them into it. (See Acts 22:6-11)

Now what?

Last edited:

j_seph

I believe what you describe here is exactly what He is accomplishing through regeneration NOW for an elect chosen. These are His bride that He is preparing for His Son. I also believe that not everyone is elected to be the bride. I don't believe this excludes them from heaven, only from being the bride.
There is a number of people (144,000) spoken of in Revelation. It's a figurative number. I believe it represents this bride.
You mention the 144,000. Are you per chance jehovah witness?

welderguy

You mention the 144,000. Are you per chance jehovah witness?

Lol
No

Regarding your son:

Luke 14:26
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Last edited:

j_seph

Lol
No

Regarding your son:

Luke 14:26
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Is saying this
as His followers, are we willing to place Him in first position and place the most important people in our lives in second place?

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Is saying this
as His followers, are we willing to place Him in first position and place the most important people in our lives in second place?
Or, declaritively:
His followers will place Him in first position and place themselves, along with all else, in their carnal lives, in second place.

welderguy

Is saying this

You nailed it brother. That's pressing into the kingdom that is "at hand" He enables us to do that through the liberty He has given us in Christ.

hobbs27

The 144,000 were all Israelites...

hobbs27

I agree that is what's doing the representing.
But what that actually represents is what I'm declaring.. Spiritual Jews. (elect)
I agree they were the elect, but they were also the remnant. They were the Israelites that put away the teachings of the priesthood and came into Christianity.

welderguy

I agree they were the elect, but they were also the remnant. They were the Israelites that put away the teachings of the priesthood and came into Christianity.

I think you're mixing spiritual with physical again. That has been the most prevalent disagreement between you and I for so long. But I enjoy conversing with you Hobbs.

hobbs27

I think you're mixing spiritual with physical again. That has been the most prevalent disagreement between you and I for so long. But I enjoy conversing with you Hobbs.

I figured that would be a deal breaker, since you've been taught and believe in election.
So, now you face a dilemma you're currently working out. How couldJesus sacrifice for all men, but only some are elect? There's universalism that could solve that problem. Then there's the way I believe, that Jesus made a way that all men could be saved through Christs sacrifice if they believe. I see a Gospel message going out to the living and the dead at Christs earthly ministry, for those that would hear.

John 5 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to havelife in Himself,

God Bless.

Artfuldodger

I figured that would be a deal breaker, since you've been taught and believe in election.
So, now you face a dilemma you're currently working out. How couldJesus sacrifice for all men, but only some are elect? There's universalism that could solve that problem. Then there's the way I believe, that Jesus made a way that all men could be saved through Christs sacrifice if they believe. I see a Gospel message going out to the living and the dead at Christs earthly ministry, for those that would hear.

John 5 24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to havelife in Himself,

God Bless.

What was God's purpose in electing the remnant of Jews? Why were they elected by grace and not works? What is different about their election vs other Christians?

hobbs27

What was God's purpose in electing the remnant of Jews? Why were they elected by grace and not works? What is different about their election vs other Christians?

I'm afraid my answer to that would take the discussion way off track, but as we recently saw in scripture, election does not equal salvation.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

welderguy

I'm afraid my answer to that would take the discussion way off track, but as we recently saw in scripture, election does not equal salvation.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Paul was laboring for those that were called(elect)to the kingdom.(just as Peter was in 2 Pet.1)

2 Peter 1:8-11
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

hobbs27

2 Timothy 2:10 clearly says salvation. I don't differentiate entering the kingdom from salvation, but if you do, you cant make 2 Timothy 2:10 about entering the kingdom when it clearly says Paul was enduring for the elects sake that they may also receive salvation....election cannot mean salvation in that text.

welderguy

2 Timothy 2:10 clearly says salvation. I don't differentiate entering the kingdom from salvation, but if you do, you cant make 2 Timothy 2:10 about entering the kingdom when it clearly says Paul was enduring for the elects sake that they may also receive salvation....election cannot mean salvation in that text.

See that's just it. I'm not differentiating salvation with entering the kingdom. I say they are synonymous. I say all are going to heaven. That's not what I'm calling salvation here.