God's Unconditional Love

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
"But God commendeth [directed] His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8).​

We often hear couples speak of their love for one another after years of marriage, but there is a greater and deeper love--the love of God. The above is perhaps one of the most profound verses in the Word of God. It is amazing when we consider that God has directed His love toward us. But in what way did He do so? The answer is found in the very next statement: "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In other words, when we were in total rebellion against God, dead in trespasses and sins, and shouting profanities in the face of God out of hatred for Him, God intervened to provide a way of salvation. In unconditional love, He sent His Son, the Son of His love, to die for His enemies--you and me!

God has made a provision for all, but only those who place their faith in the finished work Christ at Calvary will be saved from their sins. You see, God will not accept your good works for salvation. The Word of God could not be clearer on the matter: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5). Perhaps you are wondering: "What must I do to be saved?" It is simply this: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that He died for your sins, and rose again (I Cor. 15:3,4). The moment you trust Christ as your personal Savior, all of your sins will be forgiven, and God will grant you the free gift of eternal life.

God loves you; Christ died to save you; what more could He do for you? Trust Him today before it's too late. Believe me when I say, you do not want to leave this life without Christ. To do so will leave you with an eternity of regret, because there are no second chances beyond the veil of death--it's now or never! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and God will save you wonderfully by His grace. But the good news does not end here; He will also give you a new life in Christ!

Pastor Paul M Sadler

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
"But God commendeth [directed] His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8).​

We often hear couples speak of their love for one another after years of marriage, but there is a greater and deeper love--the love of God. The above is perhaps one of the most profound verses in the Word of God. It is amazing when we consider that God has directed His love toward us. But in what way did He do so? The answer is found in the very next statement: "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In other words, when we were in total rebellion against God, dead in trespasses and sins, and shouting profanities in the face of God out of hatred for Him, God intervened to provide a way of salvation. In unconditional love, He sent His Son, the Son of His love, to die for His enemies--you and me!

God has made a provision for all, but only those who place their faith in the finished work Christ at Calvary will be saved from their sins. You see, God will not accept your good works for salvation. The Word of God could not be clearer on the matter: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5). Perhaps you are wondering: "What must I do to be saved?" It is simply this: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that He died for your sins, and rose again (I Cor. 15:3,4). The moment you trust Christ as your personal Savior, all of your sins will be forgiven, and God will grant you the free gift of eternal life.

God loves you; Christ died to save you; what more could He do for you? Trust Him today before it's too late. Believe me when I say, you do not want to leave this life without Christ. To do so will leave you with an eternity of regret, because there are no second chances beyond the veil of death--it's now or never! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and God will save you wonderfully by His grace. But the good news does not end here; He will also give you a new life in Christ!

Pastor Paul M Sadler

I know a man who was filled with such hatred for God that he would go out and shoot his gun up at God as he cursed him. I guess it got God's attention, because God dealt with him. He pulled the man close and showed him his love for him. Today that man is not the man he was. He loves God and has a great testimony.

StriperAddict

I know a man who was filled with such hatred for God that he would go out and shoot his gun up at God as he cursed him. I guess it got God's attention, because God dealt with him. He pulled the man close and showed him his love for him. Today that man is not the man he was. He loves God and has a great testimony.
Amen.
Coming to the end of one's self (in Adam) is half the story and a good one.
Coming to life by a gifted transforming resurrection is the other half, and where the real story begins.

SemperFiDawg

I think most Christians understand and would agree that we are to love and forgive unconditional, yet also have a propensity in believing that God doesn’t love them in that manner. We may fail in the application of that, but we fail miserably when it comes to applying it to ourselves. “That God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son” is so very hard to consume when we know our sins so intimately. I can apply it to you, because I don’t know your sins, but I’m sure they don’t compare to mine. That mentality is difficult to overcome, but it’s the key to peace if one is to ever find it.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

gordon 2

Can you explain this a bit more. What do you mean by "that mentality is difficult to overcome, yet it's the key to peace?"

SemperFiDawg

The mentality to accept God's unconditional love and forgiveness, and understand that unconditional is truly unconditional.

brightfame52

noone

"But God commendeth [directed] His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8).

Paul is speaking about Gods elect and not all without exception. Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And yes His love to them is unconditional.